Flickering and lines in right screen

hello iv had my crystal since October , ive always shutdown thru pimax software or press the power button , and even if you dont as you crystal owners know the screens turn off, so last night i forgot too shut it down , and i went to play today and my right screen has flickering and lines across it , ive tried everything switching cables changing batteres resetting it , and nothing here i am trying to vr on my holidays now i cant very frustrating and it sucks i contacted support but there slow on returning a message

Every time I turn the Crystal on I have a garbled Right screen with grey and green static lines, like an old TV not tuned in.

It clears as soon as I press Restart Service in the Piplay app. Not sure if your problem may be similar ?

you can try the following procedure for this:
pull the battery and the displayport cable from the crystal itself
disconnect every single other component from each other and put the crystal somewhere and wait for 48 to 72 hours, with it being completely powerless

then after the time is over connect everything back and turn it on:

• put the battery back into your crystal
  • put the power adapter into your power outlet
  • connect the adapters plug into the powered USB hub
  • connect the usb hub to your pc’s USB 3 port
  • connect the special DP plug into crystals connector
  • plug the USB cables from your crystals USB/DP combo cable into the USB hub; wait a short time
  • 30 seconds later :smiley: : put the DP cable into your GPUs connector
  • start the pimax play software

is every update installed, firmware as pimax play wise? a representative from pimax stated roundabout five months ago that this problem should be fixed via a fw update. i can’t believe this, since my crystal had a similar problem. and since i was told to completely make the crystal powerless when i’m not using it, i’ve bought these two thingies:

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B0BXKVRZB9

with these i only need to pull the battery and can leave every connector where it belongs. replaces the original USB hub and works just fine :slight_smile:

LOL I’d say wait 2 years, just to be sure.

On a serious note, this sounds like an RMA. Although definitely try @seadersn procecure above first, though 72 hours seems a bit overkill :wink: Pretty sure any capacitor would be empty in a few minutes.

yeh dude this is frustrating , sorry you have that problem and from months ago thats nuts i had family over for the holidays and wanted to showcase the head set but then this happen leaving a bad impression , im very upset over this , this should have been resolved already and there shouldnt be some kind of work around on our side , they should be in top of this

My Crystal usb hub is connected to another powered usb hub that I can turn on & off.

I also did the battery disconnect/remove overnight thing and removed all usb cables then replugged them. The issue persists and is always the Right screen only that gets garbled/static lines.

The fact that pressing Restart Service in Piplay app fixes it everytime suggest some issue with how the screen is initialised when first powered on, but I am guessing !

Only Pimax Engineers would know what is going on and I agree that the buyer/customer should not have to find a workaround fix for the premium price we pay. In this case all the Troubleshooting has led nowhere anyway.

1 Like

i completely agree , they need to send you a new one , if you had a monitor and these kind of problems happened you wouldnt be putting up with it ,or them saying your gonna have to unplug everything and wait 3 days thats super annoying and the customer should not have to deal with that, if they dont have a firmware fix by now i dont think it will get fixed for good.

1 Like

What was the ticket # again? Did you receive any assistance from our support?