Fiber optic cable for 5k+ when?

I need a new cable and have needed one since the beginning of the year.
I had originally backed the 10m cable, but that is not happening.
So now I see the fiber optic cable for the new headsets.
When can I get one for the 5k+?

1 Like

They don’t make fiber optic cables for the 5K+

2 Likes

As Tom has said at present pimax only has the fiber cable available for the 8kX.

This though is imho a good idea for pimax to look into creating an Optical cable for the other headsets with an additional real USB3 cable for accessories that would be better suited for use. Since non 8kX headsets have only USB2. They might even be able to increase the length for original headsets.

@PimaxVR @PimaxQuorra

4 Likes

I realize there is no cable at present.

My post is to simply show an interest and a need for something they already make.

1 Like

Thank you @Heliosurge.

1 Like

You could have said so in your original post!

Anyway… I also purchased the 10m cable in Kickstarter and I too would be interested in either a FIBER version or just something longer than came with my Pimax units. Add me to the list of interested parties in a longer Pimax cable for units not the 8KX.

It really doesn’t sound quite worth it, if the cable is noteably shorter than 10m, and does not do the USB optically as well, with enough bandwidth to accomodate both the eye- and hand tracking modules (EDIT: …simultaneously, and both at max frame rate).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.