Facepad idea: This material gets 15 degrees cooler when it gets wet

The Original Cooling Towel for Extreme Heat Relief (Blue) 27" by 17" https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00VSH7LEM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_pycXDbDFAEQ79

I have one of these they legit get super cold. I’d imagine to activate it in vr you could lightly press your vr hmd against your face and it would start getting cold.

@PimaxUSA @PimaxVR

#ideas

3 Likes

But it can’t be a fixed solution. It can only cool once and then it’s saturated with moist. Also, super cold is maybe not what we need against our skulls

3 Likes

That’s not true at all. Every time you squeeze it and release sweat from it, it gets cool again. And by the way, the product I own, was designed to be on my “skull” lol, it’s a headband ಠ_ಠ

3 Likes

OK, cool. Can you try it out with your headset?

1 Like

Yes it works great. If this material had a few layers woven into the vr cover you could take the cover off, twist it, put it back on and your face feels invigorating and fresh and cool. It’s very pleasant and might event prevent some fogging from your skins heat emanating onto the lenses- which of course being a sealed eye box which because of the fov has more hot skin around the eyes exposed to the lenses.

3 Likes