Eye Tracker will be available to order any moment now

Just received an email from Pimax. There will be a purchase link for eye tracking module on the site later @ backer.pimaxvr.com. So keep an eye if you are backers.

9 Likes

Thanks for the heads up.

I wonder why I haven’t received such an email.

Also, how do we pay for the module once available? Is PayPal supported again? It wasn’t when I backer upgraded to my 8KX.

@SweViver @PimaxUSA @PimaxQuorra

4 Likes

No email for me yet either but could it be that they send backers first?

1 Like

I have received my email (KS backer 148) and I’m hoping they will also allow me to use the $70 rebate they owe me for the 10m DP cable I pledged for in the KS (but is now discontinued) as further discount to the eye-tracking purchase.

I’ve opened a support ticket… here’s hoping it gets answered in a timely fashion.

4 Likes

yeah I received the email also

2 Likes

I am a backer and have not received any emails about it.

Oh, I must have missed/forgotten this - when did they say that it is cancelled and they will credit/pay out the pledged amount for the cable ?

I think I saw another forum member mention it, but it is confirmed by @PimaxUSA’s post here: https://community.openmr.ai/t/pimax-now-tldr-summary-page-aftershow-q-a-summary/28863/108?u=daveboulden

3 Likes

I asked for a refund after I learned about the 10m cable cancellation. Got the option for a coupon and I accepted.
I recently checked the conversation and it was said these coupons could be stacked and put towards the eye tracker but on the forum Pimax said otherwise.

1 Like

So far, Pimax policy about coupon has been that it can be used for products made by Pimax itself, but not those made by partners, like the eye-tracking.

Maybe it has changed since then (it was a hot topic when 8K backers downgraded to 5K+ and got a 100$ coupon).

it hasn’t changed, coupons for pimax made stuff only.

1 Like

I would assume this is why @PimaxUSA stated there would be straight refunds for the cable. I simply thought deducting the $70 from my eye-tracking order would save them the hassle of the refund, but really don’t mind if they prefer the direct refund route as I’ll just use that money against my eye-tracking purchase.

What should not be acceptable is what seems to have happened to @Pimel. If a coupon is offered in lieu of a refund, it should be considered the same as actual money. @Pimel, if I were you, I’d raise the question with Pimax and reference post I linked above, as that clearly shows they have agreed on cash refunds for cable purchases.

2 Likes

The answer actually stated that I could use it for the eye tracker and if there would be a problem I could direct them to the ticket. So I intend to do this but I’m afraid my coupon will be declined when ordering the eye tracker and I need to create a ticket and then it will be too late when it’s resolved and I might have to wait much longer on the eye tracker delivery. But it is what it is.

1 Like

My mail says “(…) There will be a purchase link on the site later (…)”

I do not believe they ment something like “any moment now” as mentioned in the title of this thread, especially since I got the mail almost 10 hours ago.
No reason to be hyped :wink:

1 Like

“Later” usually is used if same day or not more than 1-2days in the UK. Don’t know other countries. Perhaps I am mistaken for what it means. But anyhow, just a heads up if you have not receive any email. :wink:

1 Like

“Later” with pimax is a much larger and undefined future. Don’t bother refreshing the store, it could be days or weeks still.

2 Likes

That’s what the team keeps telling us. No need to refresh the store, we’ll create a thread here with the info as soon as they tell us it’s up.

7 Likes

@PimaxUSA Will payment with PayPal be an option.

1 Like

I have paid the 8kX order with Paypal two days ago.
I have not seen any other payment way. I wished with credit card (without Paypal) but have not found the way to pay by CC only.

1 Like

“The team says the link itself is almost ready
so just monitor the forums and hopefully we’ll have the link up asap.”

https://community.openmr.ai/t/pimax-now-tldr-summary-page-aftershow-q-a-summary/28863/110

That was three days ago. Hilarious.