Eye strain and GPU usage issue with Pimax 5k+

I don’t know if your are still looking for suggestions for eye strain but have you tried something like this process here?

I had eye strain until I changed the “Left” offset to +2 using the process there. I tried adjusting while wearing the headset but it didn’t work. Every adjustment seemed worse because it would cause brief double vision since my eyes had adjusted to the previous value. I had to hold the headset in front of my eyes and quickly take it away to see if I had double vision after taking it off. I adjusted the value by .5 each time to see if it helped the double vision when taking it off.

4 Likes

I’ve been making extra effort to get the 5k+ as comfortable as I can ,( trying to justify buying an 8k+ ) and have been doing a similar thing except adjusting the headset ipd’s off my face with just one eye before quickly testing to see if it was immediately comfortable and then quickly removing it again before my eyes get attuned .
Think I just about nailed it tonight , 4 hours with no discomfort

2 Likes

Is there any suitable software for testing the right setup? Eg so we can check text is clear in each eye?

I’m aware of ROV Test / Testmyhmd, but I haven’t used it yet and don’t know if it tests for correct IPD: http://testhmd.com/ - also on the workshop for SteamVR

Right now I usually have to readjust my headset position every 30 seconds to stop my right eye going blurry, but for me it’s more that the headset is not stable on my head because of the poor default strap, doubled up face foam which is still not correct, and dangling counterweight.

Concentrating on what I’m doing is therefore very hard. There are some days when I can manage to play for 10-20 mins or so without a break without being distracted by the headset, but others days are terrible and it just doesn’t want to sit correctly.

So I suppose at least the new strap and comfort kit are finally on the way, but it’s been a year since ordering which is a lot of waiting sadly…

1 Like