Extension Cables, pls share experiences

I only had luck trying what I had. I didn’t need more than 10ft tbh. Sorry

1 Like

SweViver used noname 5m extension cables (both for DP and USB) in his review.

Pimax 8K & 5K+ Full Review | The Most In-Depth Pimax 8K vs 5K+ Review and Analysis you will find! - YouTube 9:37

1 Like

Why I am thinking atm 10m overall might be a limiting factor.

1 Like

Yeah I was hoping with a DP repeater box and some high-end cables I could do it but it looks like I’m out of luck.

I could maybe cope with 8m, but at the moment it’s looking like I have to just keep my 5K for sims (which I don’t play a lot of as I’m more into room scale) or sell it which would be devastating after trying it.

1 Like

What I like about my cable is that it includes 2 repeaters, on at the end which is dc powered and one in the middle to “Keep the flow” which is also power by the dc adaptor but without the need of an additional plug.

The Ugreen cable sucked big time. A friend of mine got his roline cable today as well and even extended it to even 15m with his oculus rift. But he needed to integrate an additional PCIe USB card because his onBoard USB
did not deliver enough power.

I also bought a card like that as well but figured that i actually did not need to.
But I had to activate the “charging” function for usb in my bios in order to deliver more juice in the first place. Worth checking out with any extension USB cable btw., especially when running a hub.

1 Like

Ok I’ve made some progress!

After trying tons of different DP cables of all varying lengths from 3m to 15m and having zero luck (Amazon is going to hate how many cables I’m sending back this week) I finally got this 5m one today and it works! :star_struck:

It’s actually the cheapest one I’ve ordered too. I have about £400 in cables sitting next to me on my desk and this £7 one was the key.

It’s still not 10m but by moving the PC as far as I can I can now stand a foot into my room scale room :rofl:

Next step is trying a 7.5m one that’s due any day now - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07HQ9TYQ3/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 or buying the 2m version of this current one and seeing if I can daisy chain.

Wish me luck.

2 Likes

@RetrospectVR have you checked this one?
I got the 10m version and it works perfectly with the OD+,
a friend of mine even the 15m for his oculus.

It is even available in the UK, so you may want to check that one out:

Here is mine:

1 Like

Yeah my 15m USB cable I used for my Vive still seems to be fine for my Pimax. It’s just the Displayport cable I’m really struggling with. If I can just get 7.5 meters I can do roomscale with my Pimax. So close.

1 Like

too fast…thought it was because of the USB.
Good find with ur DP extension though, 3m was the furthest I got with my 4k@75Hz monitor

1 Like

Success!!!

I’ve finally managed to extend to 7.5m using this cable here https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07HQ9TYQ3/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Shame I now have to go out for a few hours but I squeezed in a quick game of beatsaber and it was great being able to swing my arms again without fear of punching glass and monitors, especially with that fov! :smiley:

3 Likes