EU Last Stop : France Immersive Learning

The VR-/XR-3/Aero all use the same panels and they aren’t QLED, also the VR-/XR-3 have now been available for two years.

If I understand your impressions correctly, you are saying that for simmers, the Crystal is better than those 3 Varjo HMDs due to the QLED screens and miniLED backlight dimming, and at a cheaper price to boot.

Would that be correct?

1 Like

Thank you for the detailed explanation, btw i have a knob also at the back on the G2 :slight_smile: much better. have better FOV but that is dependent on faceshape. Thanks again it sounds like a very decent upgrade.

2 Likes

Yes ,I test the Varjo Aéro and the display Crystal is better .
I don’t test tne XR-3

To answer another question I’ve been asked:

-yes I keep all my vr headsets from my 1st oculus dk1, but since 2020 I have been driving on Iracing /dcs wolrd /mfs 2020/Il2 Bob only with my g2 reverb.
-For my choice of buying crystal for me in 2023?
Why settle for crystal fov, why not buy a pimax 12k for my simulators, why not keep a large fov /150/170 from my old pimax helmets?

-The price of 12k for my purchase budget, the 12k is expensive for me.
-The 12k in simulation has such a high definition, the rtx 4090 will be on its knees I can assure you in simulation.

Pimax always releases high fov helmets which require a very high power for us to pilot in simulation.
Maybe an rtx 5090 in 2024 will be able to run simulators with very high graphics options /90/120/160hz???
We will see this in my opinion in 2024 for a combo / Rtx 5090 + Pimax 12k with a resolution of 6k per eye, maybe by then the 12k will have seen its price go down?

-Then my opinion in vr is not limited to simulation, I also sometimes play Alyx / other #roomscale games but much less, often only simulation, I will not talk about #roomscale games because that is not my passion, so when I don’t know I say nothing.

For me these new Qled display helmets are really a big step forward, vr 3.0 for me, but that’s just my opinion, I don’t have infused science as they say in France :fr:
In addition to VR, there is also the problem of the vision of our eyes, I am myopic / diopter, what I see in a crystal with my glasses will not correspond with a gamer who has a 20/20 view , without vision problems!

In any case, this crystal makes me think of another vr helmet by its quality of strap, fov, everything

= A kind of Super Valve Index :+1:t2:

The fov of the index, the quality of the index with Pimax/aspheric lenses
———————
the Crystal does not have the fov of the pimax 5k+/8k+/8Kx, it will be necessary to wait for the pimax 12k to again have a fov beyond the 140 diagonal/ppd35-42 of the Pimax Crystal. But it’s not the same price too

Aplushhss /laurent :innocent::+1:t2::+1:t2:

The 12k is going to be heavily reliant on eye tracking and Foveated rendering imo to bring the need for a big GPU down.

2 Likes