Error on run new game

Hello At All,
for some time now a strange thing has happened to me. When I quit a SteamVR game and then quit steamVRHOME and try to run a new game from PE, sometimes I get the message “VRInitError_IPC_CompositorConnectFailed: “Shared IPC Compositor Connect Failed (306)””. After that reboot is required, Can anyone help me?

1 Like

Interesting. I may need to shorten the delay for SteamVR games before PE quits and game starts. Had the same problem with Oculus games and that’s why I had to set the delay to much shorter when launching these (PE quits much earlier when starting Oculus game than when launching a SteamVR game).

I will shorten the delay to 0.5 sec later today in the 0.37 version

1 Like

Thanks @SweViver! i’m waiting for 0.37 Version!

2 Likes

Hello @SweViver ,
but the problem still remain on last version.

1 Like

Is this also happening first time you start a game after reboot, or just when starting second/third/later time?

1 Like

Perhaps to solve this, it might be useful to look for process id, instead of using a delay. This is just a thought based on the short info on the issue, since I don’t have the PE source. @SweViver

2 Likes

Only on second third later time.

2 Likes

Yeah that could be a solution, thanks Armin. But the delay I removed might help as PVRHOME uses the same render pipeline as Oculus games when launching with OVRLauncher, so if PVRHOME didn’t close fast enough it blocked the Oculus game from starting.
And SteamVR games can have a similar issue.

But as for @technoprojects problem, I dont know how this happens, as I cant reproduce that issue. Yesterday I tried launching 6 (edit: Steam) games one after another and they all worked fine, so I somehow suspect theres an error in the log that prevents the game to start @technoproject.

Edit: sorry im a bit tired today and mixed up two threads here hehe

1 Like

Do you need some logs? Sometimes I change several games and all working fine , sometimes after one games , played for a long time, the error come up

2 Likes

Sure that would be great, thanks!

Also btw, dont launch PiTool as administrator. It seems to cause several issues Ive noticed.

1 Like

Ok . I’ll send to you tomorrow. Today I’m on vacation at the lake!

2 Likes

No worries, enjoy :slight_smile:

1 Like

here the logs. the games was hla

1 Like