Easy loss of tracking?

Is anyone else having the issue of the Headset losing tracking really easily? If I cover just the left or right side of the headset it loses tracking instantly. This can really annoying when you are trying to adjust the IPD or the headset itself. I remember @SweViver had really good tracking when he tested it even with one Basestation. Which makes me think my headset might be faulty. Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?

1 Like

Which headset did you receive

I received the 5k+.

Message too short

1 Like

Anyone?

Message too short

1 Like

Hi, just got the 5K+ yesterday and yes the tracking is very sensitive, just placing a hand on either side of the HMD results in lost tracking and loss of image.

I’m also quite disappointed with the triangular spaced black dots on the 5K+, I have been playing flight sims and against a gray/white background it is very obvious. I know this is not a fault, but a manufacturing artifact of the LCD substrate. I wish I had stuck to the 8K, but I shouldn’t complain, a least I have one that works.

2 Likes

Exact same experience here with the 5k+. Very touchy tracking when I touch either side of the headset. Makes it hard to adjust to your face.

1 Like

Your title has been updated. :beers::wink::+1::sparkles:

Congrats Fox! Sorry to hear the 5k+ has not lived upto expectations.

I think I fixed it. Turn off Motion smoothing in steam vr.

4 Likes

You managed to fix tracking issues by disabling motion smoothing?

Yeah, it still loses some tracking when you have your hand over the headset sometimes but its not as bad as before.

1 Like