Early backers: Do you own a Pimax 4K?

I’m only judging by the pictures. 5k+ looks better to me. YMMV.

1 Like

I just bought a Vive on ebay for 400 euro. Just so I have controllers and lighthouses when I receive my 8K or 5K+.

I’m actually a bit scared to use the Vive because I’m scared I will hate it. But my other thought is if I’m able to get used to the SDE (Pimax 4K was my first and only headset) of the Vive then the 5K+ would make a good choice.

1 Like

I own a vive also since day one. Go ahead and use it till you pimax arrives. I assure you you will be very pleased at the difference in both SDE and FOV. No matter which you choose.

1 Like

Don’t sweat it. Literally.

It will ruin your Vive.

2 Likes

There is a water proofing solution.

For $30 bucks your scuba mask aquarium should be nice.

1 Like

OP: No, I don’t own any VR equipment yet. The 8K was the first headset that I thought would be “good enough” for me to consider buying.

1 Like

I have Pimax 4K and backer No 141, I will keep my Pimax 8K instead of downgrading the experience for 5K+ (Color banding, less PPI and more SDE) … Sure I will upload comparisson pics. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

This will be my first Vr headset though I have extensively used my friend’s Vive. I was planing on buying a vive until he mentioned pimax’s name which I had not heard of, and I decided to back this instead.

1 Like