Dust inside Crystal

If you were requested to pay duties, kindly forward this message to our support team. They should be able to work out a compensation plan or provide an alternative solution for the replacement.

I sent the pertinent email conversations to the email I have for escalation of the ticket… complaint@pimax.com Thanks.

1 Like

I have good news to report. Pimax has agreed to send me a replacement and pay the import duty so i don’t have to pay it a second time. They will also give me some coupons to offset my expense for postage on the return. This is the outcome I was hoping for and I’m grateful for their customer support. Hopefully they are becoming aware of the need for more consistant policies reguarding returns that give us more confidence when purchasing from them. I know that if I buy something from Amazon and decide to return it within 30 days I will have the shipping charges as well as the import duty returned to me. I don’t know if this is just the cost of doing business for them and factored into their prices, of if they are clever enough to have that duty held in esccrow for a month before handing it over to customs authorities, but either way its a policy that gives customers a lot more confidence and generates a lot of wealth for them.

5 Likes

Congrats.

They should not have to pay the taxes on an RMA, if they would just send the proper paperwork.
I went through this years ago with a cracked 5K+ and because they failed to indicate RMA Replacement they then tried negotiating me accepting a coupon because I got charged sales tax.
An RMA is a process companies use all the time to replace defective goods. You would think Pimax would be good at it by now.

1 Like

I only know what FedEx has explained to me. Keeping in mind that they are extremely difficult to deal with compared to other shippers I have used to ship from another country, they would only file paperwork for an RMA that was for repair, not replacement. If it has a new serial number, it gets another charge for duty, period.

I’m not sure in what country Fedex determines whether a defective product is repaired or replaced for companies but in Canada as long as an RMA is documented properly they have not applied tax (as is the law). This has been my experience with RMAs here.

Probably a quirk in the Indonesian customs law that they are following… FedEx would record the serial number going out and match it with the serial number coming back in. If they were different, they had to charge a tax. These laws change all the time and can seem quite arbitrary, as does the amount charged. I rarely buy anything overseas without knowing the duty in advance because it can be shocking, as much as 40% depending on who does the paperwork and what someone thinks the proper value is on an item with little to do with the actual amount paid. Not all, but many sellers on ebay and Amazon use the Global Shipping Program which will charge you an estimation of what the duty will be… way better than going in blind. If the charges are more, they pay the difference, If less, you get a refund.

1 Like

Seems unfair as a manufacturer usually reserves the right to repair or replace. Someone needs to review your customs law with regards to RMA to bring it in line with business practice. A simple documentation of proof of return of item being replaced or something. Certainly if nobody does anything then nothing will change. gl

1 Like

If it made sense, it wouldnt be Indonesia.

1 Like

Had numerous RMA handled by Steam support with defective Index parts going back to Netherlands from UK.

We had some problems after Brexit as many companies didn’t have paperwork, , but I’ve never been charged taxes for any incoming replacement parts.

1 Like

It defies logic that a net of one import can be charged duty 2 times… but such is life in the third world.

So, I sent my Crystal to the address given for exchange and it was returned to me… it was rejected by DHL because of the batteries…it got all the way to Jakarta before being sent back… that was 9 days ago… I received the headset 3 days ago and I’m still waiting for an alternative plan, maybe a different address to send it to as Malaysia will not accept packages with batteries. I suggested that I remove the batteries, but I’ve gotten no reply on my ticket in 3 days. At the rate this exchange is going, the 12K might be out by then. I’m hoping @PimaxQuorra can help push this along.

1 Like

Sure, I’ll urge the support team to offer an alternative solution for this issue.

They’re letting me keep the batteries… not sure I’ll need 4 of them, but good to have extras. Thanks for your help @PimaxQuorra

1 Like

Sorry, @PimaxQuorra but I’m afraid I need your help again… I can’t get anyone to respond through the ticket #51719 dust inside HMD. My package was sent to the address given a second time, 17 days ago and has been sitting in Cusoms in Kuala Lumpur with nobody there to claim it or answer calls and messages to the phone number provide. I reported this 10 days ago and a few time since… have escalated the issue also and have not gotten a timely reply… Pimax will need to act on this immediately or the package will be returned to me again… there will be a tax that needs to be paid and my shipping cost will not be refunded. This information comes to me from my local Post Office, where they say the time is running out for this package to be picked up. I have left phone and WA messages with Connie and have not gotten a reply. Thanks in advance for helping out with this.

Noted, please let me check with the AS team again.

All the info I have for this recipient is on the label. I was not given an email address.

1 Like

Just received a call from the recipient… she says they never contacted her… maybe because there was no email address given… who knows. She has the tracking number now and will follow up… thanks so much for your help again. :pray:

1 Like

So, 26 days have gone by with my returned Crystal sitting in Customs, waiting for someone to come get it. Anyone have a clue as to what’s going on here? I sure don’t.

Hi @PimaxQuorra, I’m losing my patience with this process… I’m still in the dark about what’s going on here. I need to know when I will receive my Crystal exchange. “5 days after you receive my headset” is meaningless when it sits uncollected from customs for nearly a month now. I dropped my request for a refund because I trusted Pimax Support. If I had received my refund, I could have bought another one on Amazon and been enjoying it for the past 2 weeks while feeling safe about having made that purchase with excellent support. Whether intentional or not, they are running out the clock on my Warranty for this purchase… PayPal will still fight for me to get my money back if I ask them to, and I need a good reason not to go that route. I’ve been very patient. Its time to make this exchange happen or understand that I want my money returned to me. Thanks.

1 Like