Does the Pimax 8KX Have Distortions & Blurry Edges? It depends! [NextGenVR]

Yup! That’s the one. Arrives Thursday. (via DHL express $12 to USA)

1 Like

let us know if it’s worth it.

1 Like

I do get these blue edges, u can actually create them via vertical offset and make them disappear.

How do you know the correct vertical offset? I have it set to 0.

1 Like

Actually they are gone for me since I changed the offset and made them default again but try - 10 and u will see them at the bottom.

1 Like

It’s just a way of adjusting the image up/down for convenience I guess… Most probably don’t need to adjust it… :wink:

You can change it in real time with the Pimax experience app to see if it can improve the image. I ended up changing my right eye to minus 1 because it made text look a bit clearer. Pimax experience is great for fine tuning the headset while in VR.

3 Likes

Bet you get Blue lines on one eye and “rainbow” on the other, am I right ?
No im not kidding here… :grin:

Wouldn’t it be great if the 8KX’s successor could automatically read the distance from the centre of its lenses to your eyes and then adjust the lens accordingly automatically? Or at least give you another dial that would move the lenses in and out. In a perfect world I’d love to see enough adjustment on the lens that you could move it left and right forward and back and incline it slightly. Is it a pipe dream to wonder if that kind of technology can be built into a headset today? I think there are cameras that could do the measuring but it would take servos and power to adjust the lenses automatically and that would add weight. Anyhow just something I’m thinking about as I try to adjust my 8KX to suit my rather oddly shaped face.
On the other hand as I used to say in the broadcasting business, I do have the perfect face for radio.

1 Like

:rofl:

Yeah, it would be nice if the cowling was adjustable… :upside_down_face:

Hopefully they can use the eye tracking module to adjust the distortion profiles down the line but I doubt it’ll happen as I would think it’s rather complex.

I think we’re left to DYI solutions like thickening the foam pieces with double-sided velcro and 3rd party foam (different thicknesses)… :lying_face::wink:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.