Does the fiber optic cable help the 8KX do 90Hz?

Hi

I have a 2075 S/N 8KX KDMAS that despite using firmware as recommended by support cannot do 90Hz (well, it does but the display flickers every 10 or so seconds). I don’t recall where but I seem to think I read somewhere that using the fiber optic cable may help, is that true? I can buy 1 from Amazon for easy return if it doesn’t help.

1 Like

Anecdoctal but I found the 2075 I owned unusable with both normal cables I had at 90hz (flickering like you mentioned), but fibre optic worked perfect. The cables worked fine with the 5KS. Never tested them at 75hz so not sure if it was a data bandwidth issue or what.

1 Like

ah thx ok i think i’ll try 1 from Amazon then, can always refund if it doesn’t work.
thanks again.

2 Likes

It may have helped me, but I can’t know as what I did discover is that my 3090 would only work in 90hz mode on the second DP … I only noted that however after I started using the new fiber cable. I put the original so deep in my stuff I can’t find it now, but the extra length and thinness of the cable was a nice bonus. But make sure you try all the ports before you send it back.

2 Likes

just received the optical cable, it worked at 90Hz as expected, but due to your post i tried swapping around gpu and usb ports…turns out my old cable works at 90Hz using a particular combination of ports! so i have no need for the optical cable now, back to amazon it goes.

thanks, you saved me £139!

2 Likes

Ah sorry I should have mentioned that troubleshooting step myself before suggesting the fibre optic cable!

At least amazon these days makes it silly easy to return products. Enjoy the 90hz!