Does Boneworks work without pallarell projection?

I had it off and had some super distracting pop in on the edges of the screen on all FOV settings. I switched on pallarell projection and the pop ins disappeared but the performance took a hit and it’s noticeable.

The physics on this game are crazy I just wanna enjoy it yknow I tried simple things like throwing that round thing in the air and hitting it with the bat and it becomes difficult with the performance with pallarell projection on.

Anyone know how to rid of the pop ins so I could enjoy this game with pp off?

I tried large, medium, small, potato FOV with pp off its like I can see everything on the sides load stuff from the game. It’s like even on the launch screen on the green grass I see black glitches right on the corner. Then it goes into the height setting screen which works perfectly and then the home screen has glitches again.

2 Likes

Always have PP on so no.

1 Like

Works fine without PP for me. PT 180 and 249 now. 72 Hz Normal.

Don’t know if “wands” hand alignment is fixed as am using Index cntrls now and they are perfect.

3 Likes

Sorry for your issues, will get a technician look into your case, thanks.

I do see the object culling in the periphery and enabling PP fixes it. 120Hz/Normal, Smart Smoothing enabled, PiTool .249.

2 Likes

Might try 120hz with a lower res and pp on later anyway. Thanks for looking in to the issue

1 Like

If you see the culling in the native mode and not in the PP mode then it is clear the game engine is buggy and calculates incorrectly the total horizontal FOV in the native mode (probably by adding the individual eye FOVs and forgetting the view canting). This should not be difficult to fix though (I hope).

2 Likes

Makes sense. The engine thinks it’s not viewable and thus doesn’t render the objects. I wonder if they set it fixed to match the Index?

You want to run Boneworks hitting your refresh rate all the time or the physics starts to go janky.

I play with PP off and get used to ignoring the mild clipping at the periphery.

2 Likes

It’s already being posted on in SteamCommunity. Seems the devs are very active there. Suggest posting there as well to increase exposure of the issue

3 Likes

I am playing without PP with large fov without any problems :slight_smile: Fps is great ( 82 fps on Pimax Xr , rtx 2080 ti )

1 Like

Good find, thanks Jo.

1 Like

That cannot be. You will see objects and texture pop-ups in the corners.

Or you have not hit “Apply” & “Save”.

2 Likes

I will test it later :slight_smile:

1 Like

I played a couple hours today, latest PT @ 72 Hz, Normal, No Smooth, No PP, No offsets (IPD is right on).

No texture pop-ups. Graphics look fine.

1 Like

The only issue I’ve seen is object culling meaning objects disappearing too early (i.e.almost at the periphery of the view - to the sides) as the game engine seems to think the FoV is smaller than it really is… :wink: It’s not game-breaking if You don’t look to the sides.

Haven’t tried 72Hz though and I always play with Smart Smoothing on (120Hz, Normal, Smart Smoothing on, no offset).

1 Like

No culling either.
I never use Smooth, I find it has about the same artifact intensity as ASW1 did. Have tried it in BW and found it made graphics slightly less sharp, as well. Slightly

1 Like

Can you please give more information?

Firmware 255 ?, Pitool version 249 ? , SteamVR version() ?

I have Object Culling in the periphery with FW255, PT 249, SteamVR(Beta), Nvidia 441.66

1 Like

Yes that is the latest PT. Nvidia 441.28 Steam Not beta

1 Like

Here’s something interesting.
I hadn’t tried Large fov and thought I would check for culling. There was some although minor.
I then returned to Normal and the culling persisted.
I rebooted the pc and launched Pitool which in my case defaults to Small fov at launch. Annoying but it shed some light in this case.
Going from Small to Normal, I then had NO culling in the game.
Probably why I hadn’t seen any before, starting in Small every time I launch PT.

1 Like