Do you like your Pimax 8kx?

My 8kx arrived with a faulty microphone and a damaged/parts missing adjustment wheel so no I’m not impressed at all. Worst HMD I’ve ever received. I have contacted support for help and I have to prove the above problems. I’ve never been treated like this before with any purchase I’ve ever made. Eye tracking module also turned up faulty. Not good.

Hi @hammerhead_gal - good to see someone is asking. For me, in order of preference:

1. Better lenses with larger sweet spot.
  2. Much better audio.
  3. Better software with automatic optimisation for games (like Nvidia GeForce Experience).

Thanks for your suggestion, I will tell the product manager-as a loyal VR fans :wink:

Sorry for that you had such a bad experience with us.Since you have already contacted the technical staff, I suggest you listen to the suggestions and they will handle it for you.If you need more help,please contact our customer service and allow them to do that for you.
Submit a ticket : Pimax Support.
As a VR fans,I hope we can all enjoy the virtual world :heart:

1 Like

I love it too!! The deluxe audio will arrive later.Before that, I hope you can bear it aT little bit…
BTW ,I personally like to watch VR videos ,and the game ,What project do you use it for??

appreciate!!Good suggestion point :clap: :love_you_gesture:

The 2 features I would like to be added the most are: Backlight Brightness control and additional refresh rates: 72 Hz for native res (most important) and 72 and 90 Hz for upscaled.

Oh… I almost forgot:
90Hz on Normal FOV in native mode if possible… :wink:

EDIT: Well that was fast… :rofl:

https://community.openmr.ai/t/pitool-and-firmware-progress-advisory-23th-oct-2020/32542

Specifically:

-Add 90Hz refresh rate for 8KX under native mode.

:+1::sunglasses:

5 Likes

I really really appreciate your suggestions, I will tell the product manager~Thank you for loving our products :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Even 80 Hz would be an improvement!

2 Likes

I wouldn’t know (5K+ owner here), but of course You would (8K)… :wink:

1 Like

Do you mean that we need to expand the scope of IPD? :thought_balloon:

Thank you for suggestion :innocent:

It’s nice, but I’d like it more if the sweet spot was larger. Specifically I wish it extended to the inward edges of the lenses. When you’re looking at an object in front of you, it’s fine. But if you look at something closer to you, your eyes look inward and the clarity is not as good.

Maybe Pimax should sell upgraded lenses. I’ve heard that taking out the lenses is not super difficult, and can be done with a suction cup. If Pimax could sell replacement lenses with a larger sweet spot that’d be pretty awesome. I’m sure me and a ton of others on this forum would like that.

3 Likes

And IPD range to go lower and higher then current possible, I vote for this. PS: I do not have 8kx yet, but please do not forget people with big ipd.

1 Like

got it :blush: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:Ahh

1 Like

i really appreciate your suggestion, I’ll tell the product manager

thank you for sharing :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Sorry for the bad experience with us,did you contact the customer service and allow them to do that for you? Creating a ticket here please:
https://support.pimax.com/en/support/tickets/new。。。 :heart: