DMAS audio review

Even with 12KX on the distant horizon I believe there are many good reasons for Pimax to make the DMAS headset the best it can be on current gen 8KX Hardware.

I feel the audio quality is just as important as the image quality in terms of immersion and I do really like the sound from the DMAS just volume needs tweaking. I had the Oculus Rift with really nice headphones then hooked up Koss headset to my Rift S and then Reverb G2 also had great sound. But I honestly get really great & crisp positional 3D audio from the DMAS which I rank above the others. But then I only use for sim racing so cannot say how good general gaming is.

It is good to hear the insights of all you other guys too as we all have some varied experiences and impressions which hopefully help Pimax make it all better in the long run. Cheers :ok_hand::cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

Just to toss the idea out there. I don’t think there’s anything that would prevent open source audio drivers for Pimax headsets from being made. The community could actually take that up. Such drivers could avoid the known problems with the stock Microsoft USB drivers and also have built in EQ tuned for DMAS, etc.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.