Display Screens blacking out

Hi,

I’m having problems with my headsets, I have both the 5K plus and the 8K X. Both of them work fine most of the time, but now both headsets seem to be having problems with the displays. From time to time both displays are blacking out but the headset sounds and the game is still running. At first, it was just happening to my 8K X so I thought it was just that headset but now both headsets are blacking out. But again, the game and the sound and my two computer screens are still working and running, so, I’m not sure if it’s something with the video card. Which is a GeForce RTX 3090 SUPRIM X 24G. They do come back on and work fine for a while but on some days they just keep blacking out. The Pimax software version that I’m using is
Pitool 1.0.1.284. Has anyone else experienced this problem or have a solution? I would appreciate any help anyone can give me, thank you.

1 Like

I would suggest that the reason for that could be faulty DP cables on your both HMDs. With aging of the cables, this sort of things is starting to happen + sometimes snow Pixels too. Exspecially the older Pimax HMDs are having problems in common with faulty DP cables and aging. With the crystal I guess it improved a lot with the lifespan of the DP Cables. I had the same thing happening on my old 8KX some time ago and contacted the pimax support via creating of a ticket. After a video I had to sent to them as a proof (HMD was still under warranty), they sent me a new cable and issues where gone for about a year. Then everything started again happening and the cycle continued. So the old Power Adapter 4,5 m cables with three connectors have a lifespan of around 6-12 months before you have to replace them after my experience.

I would suggest at first to get in contact with the pimax support via creating a ticket about your issues and to find the real problem. They will help you out for sure and will solve it but be aware that this could take some time/1-3 weeks. If you don’t have any warranty left for your HMDs, then you may have to pay for the two new cables. With some luck pimax will just send you the cables without charges except shipping, as the support from them is not to bad and improved a lot over the last years. Good Luck!

1 Like

Hello @Cfen

Follow the advice given by @pascal314 . Go ahead and open a support ticket, and don’t forget to share the ticket number with me. In case there’s no response from the team within 48 hours, please keep me informed.

2 Likes

Okay thanks for your response I’ve sent in a ticket today 1/22. Will let you know what they say. But this is happening to both my 5K plus and 8K X.

Watch the video I sent them:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UwfLCEOxSnIMWpd99UyvaPpn4mUeX2Bd/view?usp=drive_link

1 Like

No problem. Unfortunately I can not open the video from your google drive directory for some reason.
I would wait until you are getting a good response from the pimax support what could cause that and how it could be resolved. If they however do not want to send you two replacements DP cables for your HMDs I would suggest to just buy one from Amazon or similar distributors and to test if the issues are gone with the new cable. If not, you should be able to send the cable back for a refund.

I had the same happening to my XTAL 5K with random blackscreens and a completely new DP solved this issue. Also the VRgineers support said to me that the DP cable must be the cause for that on my XTAL and as both Pimax and XTAL HMDs are sharing some technical things together it is very likely to be the same issue I experienced as in your case

Good Luck :four_leaf_clover::+1: .

try this link

and this is the response I’ve gotten so far

support

To:c_fenney@yahoo.com

Sun, Jan 21 at 5:32 PM

Dear Client,

Thank you for reaching out to Pimax.
Due to the recent high volume of Crystal inquiries, manual responses have been slow. In order to reduce the wait, we hope the following reply content can help you:

—Relating to shipping time
The estimated time of delivery will be shown on your order page as a reference; for specific delivery progress, please pay attention to the official website under your account order “View” to check the logistics time.
If you cannot see all your order information under your account, it is because you purchased as a visitor at that time. In this case, please contact Chat and provide your order email address to apply for binding.

—If there is something you want to know about Crystal’s product features and delivery plans for other accessories.

—If you have already received the Pimax product and need to know more about using it

—If you have received the lighthouse faceplate and the videos and you want to know about using it

lighthouse cover

For the same type of inquiry, we will respond to users in the order of response time.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

Pimax Support Team

This time your link worked :+1: From the video it seems to be cable issue, same thing I have experienced with my Pimax HMDs in the past if the cable was in use for more than a year. So a new cable should be the solution but as already mentioned from me, I can not guarantee that to 100% and please take the offer from @PimaxQuorra and share the ticket number with him, so that he can speed up the response time from the Pimax Tech Support Team for you. From them you will get a certain cause and solution for this issue :+1:

Again Good Luck!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.