Display FPS inside HMD?

Hi guys,

I pre-ordered a Pimax 5K+ so a bit late to the party. I was hoping for some advice on a good tool to display FPS inside the HMD please?

I have an Nvidia RTX 2080 and quickly tested ‘Geoforce Experience’ shadow play yesterday but only managed to get it to show FPS on the desktop (could be user error on my part).

Thanks for your help

1 Like

You need to download fpsVR on steam… Its an amazing tool!

5 Likes

Yup a ‘must have’ for VR this one !!

3 Likes

I bought fpsVR some time ago, but how does this work ? I tried to launch it before or after launching a game from the VR Dashboard, but nothing appeared.

I always launch it before…
But i thought after it also works,but i could be mistaken.

2 Likes

You have to launch it BEFORE the game. Once you did that one time. It should automatically launch once you start steam vr.

3 Likes

Once launched you should see an FPS Vr icon in bottom right of desktop (hidden icons).
You can double click on it and chose what overlay you want to have in Vr headset or use it on only on desktop .

1 Like

Perfect, this sounds like what I wanted - cheers.

1 Like

No you can lanuch fpsVR after you lanuched the game and it will show on your left arm/hand by defualt.

1 Like

That did not work for me. If fpsVR wasn’t launch before game start, I end up exit steam VR and start again to have overlay working on my 5k+.

On unity games i use it worked, maybe it dont work on unreal.

Thanks guys.
I didn’t noticed the icon besides settings on the dashboard, and didn’t turn my wrist to see that the window was there by default.

2 Likes

I have been away for a week, just returned today. Bought fpsVR and tested - worked perfectly, exactly what I wanted!

Thanks guys.

1 Like

your welcome…

1 Like

fpsVR will only work with steamVR. If running a game without SteamVR is there another fps to use inside HMD? I am now running Project cars 2 without SteamVR because of parallel projection. fpsVR was a great tool for testing and fine tuning.