Dirt Rally 2.0 Optimal Settings

why you are still using this historic wheel in 2019 ? Have you tried fanatec or or buget Thrustmaster belt driven wheels ? Both have a way stronger and realistic FFB

Sufficient to the task and the 220 steering radius is represented in animation in all sims.
Mainly though, because, I have 2 of them. One I bought brand new for $30 bucks just in case I broke the first one, Never used it yet, so can’t see buying another even though they would no doubt be improved.
In terms of the ffb routines in Dirt and Dirt 2 I have no complaints, nor do I in Assetto Corsa. Both have supported the wheel all along.
Some of the best ffb routines were written when this wheel was king and they still translate well.

2 Likes

Playing this with wide FOV at solid 72hz even in rain. Did they fix forcefeedback? I think it is perfect. Using a Fanatec Clubsport.

3 Likes

They certainly improved game performance as did PT so I think it’s more the ffb routines are now in better sync with what’s happening on the screen. I can now certainly drive as competitively as I could in DR1, now.
DR2 imported my Momo settings from DR1 when I first installed it and if I play DR1 first it still does this, so I am inclined to think those have not changed, but the core game may have seen some optimizing of ffb. I seem to recall graphics changes in one patch to improve performance. Heavy rain is now a rush. Mud now translates much more like RL I still think that DR1 has better landing physics on some surfaces atm, but DR2 has so much more overall fidelity. When it comes to wet and pliable surfaces in particular.

2 Likes