Did i miss a update about the pimax artisan housings?Will they get better housings after the cracking?

Hello there,

I am trying to find any info on the pimax artisan housing and there problems.
Is there any news yet?

@Pimaxquorra

2 Likes

I am also anxiously awaiting news on the Artisan. I am a potential customer, is that something you guys are interested in finding?

caillell

1m

Okay, so i just read the official announcement. I think you guys are missing a window here. the 8Kx is going to be a much more niche market than what the Artisan has the potential to be. Likely a competitor is going to show up sooner rather than later (like maybe if the index actually comes back in stock). So I suppose i will stop holding out hope to be a pimax customer. I have no interest in a 1200 dollar headset that needs a next gen gpu to really shine. Thank you for the update, and my heart goes out to all those affected by this horrible virus.

No, they really shouldn’t prioritise a new HMD over one that they have already been paid for by 100’s of people, 400 of which paid for well over 2 years ago… :smiley:

For Artisan I personally think they seriously need to rethink housing choice ‘fast’ !! and also include a MAS (or discounted MAS bundle) with the Artisan to properly compete. But since they have a good few thousand MAS to make and ship to backers etc… I understand why that’s not yet feasible to include.

So I get your sentiment, but they are still on the back foot developing all the bits they promised and sold so far.

7 Likes

artisan needs to be improved, otherwise he will bury pimax …

the artisan should receive a high-quality case, MAS, a comfortable face mask. even though it will be a more expensive device, but it will make a good reputation for pimax.

1 Like

Might as well add 4k screens

Oh but that’s a 8k+ or 8kx…:rofl:

1 Like

4k displays are an excess, all major players keep up with computer hardware and if some major player released HMD where FOV 140-170 then pimax would be left without customers.

Just read the update. I just wish whoever it is in senior management would stop ignoring the improved processes they have taken the time to get right, in favour of a useless short term decision that is now biting them yet again.

The company as a whole may be learning from past mistakes, but it seems that some of the decision makers are not.

If they used reinforced plastic ( ABS fiber-reinforced plastic) and not just cheep plastic they would never of had the problem in the first place.

2 Likes

https://community.openmr.ai/t/february-17-2020-update/26111/2

Look at the update here!

Actually a super fair deal for anyone who has issues with the housing !

3 Likes

I thought for a long time what to choose … return money or exchange a helmet and I came to the conclusion that I will change the helmet and I will stay with Pimax :metal:

6 Likes

Good choice!
I would also prefer a new HMD without cracks!

But the other offer is also really tempting !

ok, let’s say the choice is to return the money and what would you buy?

For the money the valve index…
Far better build quality en superb sound…

3 Likes

it is out of stock. It is not officially sold in my country.

I dont think this is for the Aliexpress ones, only for the Pimax website purchased ones.
I asked about this anyways…since I want another one I could just accept to get another one lol.:roll_eyes:.

to return the money you need to go to where you bought …image

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.