Deluxe Modular Audio Headstrap (DMAS)

Morning! Any news on whether this issue has had a solution identified, and a revised estimate of when the DMAS will be shipped out?

Thanks chief!

6 Likes

Holly meatballs its been over a month and no answer.

1 Like

Wasnā€™t told a few weeks - in June?!
It will be tested this time before release by outsiders

or was this in a other space

Hope to get i ttoday

2 Likes

Well, this is the first notice Iā€™ve seen that Iā€™d need to submit a support ticket, to receive the DMAS which I paid for over a year ago. I have no idea when it will finally arrive.

I donā€™t understand why Pimax canā€™t keep track of purchases. Thatā€™s a basic principle of doing business.

9 Likes

I dont know why they ask for people who have bought stuff the make tickets to get the things they boughtā€¦ Like this isnt a kickstarter anymore your selling a product. you need to be able to track your sales yourself. can you imagine if amazon made you open a support ticket with your order number name and address every time you bought something? Does pimax not have a database for this? what are the order numbers for if they dont bring up the customers information that your asking for in these support tickets?

3 Likes

Yes, they do, which is why this is so insane. I looked up my order, to provide the purchase date, which is a required field in the support ticket.

They actually seem to have 2 databases. The first one (at pimax.com) didnā€™t list it, but the one at backer.pimaxvr.com did. (Click the little person icon in the upper right to access your account.) Note that just plain pimaxvr.com will redirect you back to pimax.com, which has no history of backer purchases.

I donā€™t understand why their system is so fā€™ed up.

6 Likes

I got a quick response from my support ticket. Hereā€™s the pertinent bit:

About the DMAS, in order to provide the customers with better products & experience, it is still under testing. You know because it is our completely self-developed products, our engineers are working hard to solve the product bugs, so it needs so much time. When we have new progress, we will give you the latest news.

Also, according to the feedback from the logistics department, in order to make the shipment more smoothly after the DMAS is available on the market in the future, we currently need to check in the DMAS information of the customers. So I want to confirm with you, are your shipping address still the same?

So, in summary: Itā€™s still not done, they are working on it, and so much time has elapsed, they need to confirm your address.

2 Likes

So thatā€™s where the old (well actually not the oldest, but second) shop wentā€¦ :slightly_smiling_face: I see my 8KX order there too (SOxxxx).

The shop where I bought my 5K+/ET/HT module (Pxxxx - www.pimax.com) isnā€™t available any more though, as Iā€™m redirected to the EU site and my login doesnā€™t work there (I guess I could try using a proxy).

EDIT: Tried via U.S. using Operaā€™s built-in VPN and I see my old Pxxxx and Pxxxxxx orders here.

I got both modules transferred to my SOxxxx order while I still hadnā€™t received them as I was afraid they would be most at some point.

At this point Iā€™m just missing the DMAS I ordered with the 8KX (I doubt they be sending them to the 5K+ pre-order customers as initially promised).

So, in short:

• Pxxxx/Pxxxxxx orders are available at www.pimax.com but You will be redirected to eu.pimax.com if Youā€™re in Europe, unless You use a VPN (itā€™s built-in to the Opera browser)
  • SOxxxx orders are available at backer.pimaxvr.com

Both pimaxvr.com and pimax.com redirects me to eu.pimax.com which does not hold any of my old orders, so there must essentially be three databasesā€¦

3 Likes

Yeah even someone else noticedā€¦

It was clearly mentioned as pre-order for 5k in Nov 2018:

1 Like

Itā€™s kind of a mess, would you agree?

4 Likes

Jup ā€¦ :rofl:

1 Like

So who are the testers?could they share some info?

5 Likes

I think they need a good own audio driver to drive the DMAS,also maybe it can help with the mic to give it a volume boostā€¦

1 Like

WOW really???
I pre ordered back in 2019 OCT , they know I didnā€™t get my sound upgrade yet. So I must file a support ticket???

Pimax your so good!! no really

1 Like

I still donā€™t have my DAS. I think Pimax still hasnā€™t started shipping them yet, so thereā€™s a good chance they will ask me to submit yet another ticket. :crazy_face:

what kinda headsett do you recomend to buy , when i waiting for my dmas? i uses koss porta pro now, but it is very bad sound , to much bassā€¦

I use a Corsair Gaming VOID PRO RGB Wireless headset, which I like very much. Iā€™m sure there are plenty of good options, depending on your finances and audio requirements.

1 Like

Actually, if you like your headphones, except for the bass, try using VoiceMeeter Banana to equalize the sound. Itā€™s free (or you can buy a license like I did). I use it to increase the volume and high-frequency response for my left ear, since Iā€™m partially deaf.

Also, Banana can increase the mic volume, which is useful for USB mics which donā€™t offer a Boost option.

2 Likes