December 3 2019 Discussion

I think the best way to look at this is it’s just a bunch of chaos, there’s no method to the madness, only madness. Everyone get’s ignored equally without bias, you get a fresh chance at an answer every time you poke someone. Getting support through the forum is technically a loop-hole around the otherwise dysfunctional ticket system. But for those if us it’s worked for, we can’t complain.

5 Likes

This is a forum, of course we can (and will) complain! :laughing:

I do agree; the chaos is palpable.

6 Likes

Yup, I can confirm that the only way to see a response on my ticket from about a month ago was to complain in the forum and tag Matthew.

Not that I got a response from the support team which would have made any sense though.

So I again targeted Matthew and he seems to understand my request, so there is hope that he will explain it to them. It may be a language issue, but then what’s the point in having people work on support tickets if they have difficulties understanding what is being asked from them ? If I were asked to respond to French emails, my only chance would be Google Translate, and that would end up in quite a bit of hit & miss (though still get occasional hits which I haven’t managed to get out of the support team so far…)

9 Likes

Asked for a refund 5 days ago and still nothing.
Once I messaged Mathew they reply only to ask me why I want a refund. Still no refund or a reply from customer service.

Edit- they issued my refund thanks to Mathew.

5 Likes

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Whether I have any unanswered comments or questions, please remind me again and I will reply you. Thank you

6 Likes

Is there any update about shipping costs (to Germany /Europe) for the upgrade plans? Do we have to pay it or not? Sorry if it’s answered already in a different thread.

2 Likes

Are we to understand there will be no official updates until CES, @Heliosurge? Not even an update on shipping times for those packages they’re planning to send in December?

4 Likes

@Heliosurge Is this supposed to be the answer? Could you ask Pimax to answer the question?

As far as I know there should be some updates coming out in the near future.

1 Like

I haven’t heard any details but there still testing. So at present we need to wait on those results. Hopefully we will have an update on the 5k+ 120hz issue soon.

4 Likes

The PiTool update with 120 Hz was released on 30th of October. If Pimax wanted us to know they were going to test “202” headsets for the feature (which they were not able to include into the release) they could let us know already then.

Instead they released the update and did not say a word about the 120 Hz mode not working on “202” headsets and when asked by confused users, who did not get the feature on their headsets, they never gave a satisfying explanation. The one written above is continuing the pattern. I even have no idea what it is supposed to mean.

I hope no one here believes they are “testing” anything and that we “need to wait” for the results. There is no need to wait for an explanation they should have given one and half month ago when they released the PiTool knowing that it does not work on particular headsets.

6 Likes

I know they have been conducting tests on the 5k+. It is likely they didn’t know at release the 202 serials have an issue with 120hz mode as implemented. Yes it has been a pattern to be silent in events like this. All it shows is the 120hz mode was not tested on all 5k+ models as demonstrated it is only 1 series & not seemingly random.

So at a guess there evaluating the 202 model to see if they can get 120hz working.

2 Likes

I’m thinking the same plus they have a lot of work with 8k-X and 8k+ production launch. So 120 hz for all is probably low priority right now or they just know that this will not work with 202 but Pimax is Pimax you will never get straight answer - they also may be afraid massive RMA’s or s#storm @forum

7 Likes

So anyone know if @PimaxVR will be extending the backer upgrade offers seeing as they have delayed the release yet again?

@Matthew.Xu

1 Like

Upgrade Plans

Q1. Since 8kX is delayed can the Upgrade plans deadline be Extended?

Answer: I confirmed with the team, we will agree that extend the upgrade program. However, we will update the data before Dec 31. Thank you

5 Likes

There’s still a giant countdown to Dec 31st on the backer website, so whatever they’ve decided it’s not reflected in ANY publicly-facing way.

2 Likes

That’s exactly how it was for me aswell.

That’s actually probably how it’s handled. The ones that miss get a standard response, then put in a pile… and left there (no joke)

I’ve downloaded and installed it. There’s new firmware for the headset too. Everything seems OK, but I don’t have time right now to test it in VR. The only new feature I noticed is that there is a new setup guide, which looks very nice.

7 Likes

Install went good, testing now in SteamVR home at normal view and 120hz. There is a slight pixilating on the outside edge of the right eye otherwise looks good. Seems to be almost no distortion at all.
Set up guide is helpful for beginners. The only thing so far is that in the opening Pimax moonscape the vive wands still show as your controllers, even though I chose index during the initial setup. Hate those wands floating there as imposters :slight_smile:

edit: same right eye edge-pixilation showing up in games. Will double check my Pitool settings.

edit 2: pixilating on right eye’s edge cleared up after changing FOV a few times and rebooting. Running on normal FOV and 120hz no issue.

8 Likes

Just updated with draft of release notes

9 Likes