December 3 2019 Discussion

Please Discuss the Update here.

https://community.openmr.ai/t/december-2019-updates/24154?u=heliosurge

Questions

Warranty & RMA

Q1. Will the warranty of original backer headsets be extended to one year after receipt of the full backed package? Many headsets have sat unused and untested for nearly a year.

Answer: “Warranty Period” means twelve (12) months from the date You received the Product from Pimax.

Q2. Have Pimax considered a housing swap option as proposed here?

Answer: Not necessarily, but we will confirm Robin’s schedule.

Feature Updates

Q1. Can we have an update on 5k+ 120hz mode for serial # 202(aka black dot version)? If this version of 5k+ will not support 120hz can we RMA?

Answer: A compromise solution to this will update in the future.

Modular Audio Strap

Q1. If Opted for MAS deluxe can I Delay shipment of 8k+ until it can ship together?

Answer: Of course. please contact the customer service team at the helpdesk.

Q2. Which version of the MAS does the 8kX backers receive?

Answer: Backers will receive Standard MAS. Backers can Upgrade to Deluxe.

Upgrade Plans

Q1. Since 8kX is delayed can the Upgrade plans deadline be Extended?

Answer: I confirmed with the team, we will agree that extend the upgrade program. However, we will update the data before Dec 31. Thank you.

Q2. Does item #4 also include “Plan F” backer upgrades?

Answer: Yes, if you need to get the base station and controller before Christmas, please go to the helpdesk ask to cancel the order. Thank you.

Q3. As many backers have had difficulty with communicating “One Offs” outside of upgrade plans(ie 10m cable conversion). Is there a way to have these cases assigned to a specific Support member?

Answer: Now Matthew will convey backers’ wants to the team. if you have any questions, please @ Matthew.

Light Houses/Controllers.

Q1. Index Controller & LHes; will Australia Backers start shipping around end of Dec?

Answer: No, North America and Europe are first, then Japan, South Korea, Australia, New Zealand, and other countries are next.

Q2. How is index controller battery certification for second delivery countries going?

Answer: Please don’t worry about battery certification.

Q3. Is there any updates on Pimax Sword & Sword Sense Controllers?

Answer: A video about Pimax Sword has been uploaded, please visit here

Q4. Is there plans to demo latest Pimax Controller Prototypes at CES2020?

Answer: You can experience the Pimax Sword controller on CES 2020.

Wireless

Q1. Any updates on the wireless module?

Q2. Will the wireless module work, even with the upscaler mode, on the Pimax 8KX?

Answer: I haven’t focused on the wireless module yet. I will check with the project team and let you know the latest progress.

Pitool/OpenSource

Q1. How is the open source project progressing?

Q2. Will pimax continue to ensure Index Controller compatability after Sword Controllers released?

Q3. Will there be a stable release of Pitool in time for 8k+ & 8kX release?

Q4. With Pitool changelog can the Team include Occulus SDK version compatability?

Answer: I’ll confirm these four questions to Alex and then I’ll answer them.

Shipping

Q1. If standard MAS ships on Jan, how can they ship 8K+ with MAS on Dec?

Answer: Ship the comfort kit with 8K+ first, and ship standard MAS later separately.

Q2. If MAS (Deluxe) was selected as an option for 8K+, can I receive 8K+ only after March? Or does 8K+ ship in December and MAS (Deluxe) ship separately in March?

Answer: Yes, the 8K+ ship in December and MAS (Deluxe) ship separately in March.

Q3. Who pays for the shipping if you send the MAS or the DAS separately ?

Answer: Regarding the shipping, we will to discuss the delivery. Separately or together.
I don’t think you need to pay extra shipping. The company will certainly provide you with the best solution. Send it separately or together, the choice is yours.

Q4. I’d like to receive the basestations with the other stuff, MAS and such. I’m not keen to wait them to ship with the Pimax controllers.

Answer: This is possible if you are willing to wait for delivery together.

Q5. If i chose to ship everything at once, shouldn’t you reduce the shipping charge?

Answer: If you choose to ship together, you can make comments on any of your orders. Because the orders are related, we can find all your orders. But, the shipping is charged according to the weight of the goods, not according to the shipments. Thank you.

Q6. With the delay of the 8kX can we opt to switch to 8k+ at anytime prior to 8kX Release? And be refunded the difference?

Answer: Yes, of course.

12 Likes

Can anyone count how many times Pimax delayed 8KX and base stations?

5 Likes

Surprise surprise 20char

2 Likes

Wait, if standard MAS ships on Jan, how can they ship 8K+ with MAS on Dec?

6 Likes

Does item #4 also include “Plan F” backer upgrades. I was hoping to get it before Christmas for my sons. Now it looks like I would need to make the decision to cancel Plan F and buy straight from valve.

1. Index Controllers & Light Houses - Delayed
  • Estimate early Jan 2020 starting shipping

Details :

We received Valve Index Controllers & Lighthouses in an OEM bulk shipment. As a result we have had to:

• Design Consumer Packaging for items by Sku.
  • Test Controllers & Light houses to reduce chances of consumer receiving defects.
  • Assemble components for shipping to different regions ( Power supplies & instructions )

Confirmed !! Half Life: Alyx will be receive with Index upgrade!

1 Like

If you want them by Christmas you should absolutely buy from Valve. They are referring to Pimax’s shipments of Plan F packages in the post.

Thank you for the update. When should we next expect to hear a status update on the Plan F shipments?

8 Likes

If MAS (Deluxe) was selected as an option for 8K+, can I receive 8K+ only after March?
Or does 8K+ ship in December and MAS (Deluxe) ship separately in March?

2 Likes

A separate question, if the X is delayed, is there a possibility of extending the upgrade window? Since we are unlikely to see finished product reviews before 12/31.

Also, for the next update could we hear how wireless is progressing?

10 Likes

Okay folks will collect questions & will discuss with Pimax later this week for review.

8 Likes

I was told that the MAS will not ship until January.

Plan F for Aussies are supposed to ship around February, so for anyone wanting that before Christmas well there ya go

Can you find out what MAS backers will get, as the stretched goals say with headphones but looks like we may get the MAS with out, thats not good :thinking:

2 Likes

At last official post We will receive the Standard MAS with the Above off ear design. I believe we can upgrade this to the deluxe version but will verify this detail.

9 Likes

More delays, but this is good communication so people know how long to wait.

11 Likes

So will the deadline for the backer upgrade plans be extended?

4 Likes

Okay Folks I will ask for volunteer(maybe @generic?) to do me a favor & start a PM adding & Organizing Questions. From this update.

Warranty/RMAs

Modular Audio Strap

• If Opted for MAS deluxe can I Delay shipment of 8k+ until it can ship together?

• So are the Pimax 8K+'s shipping in December with the MAS packed in/installed, or is the MAS shipping separately later?

Upgrade Plans

• Since 8kX is delayed can the Upgrade plans deadline be Extended?

Light Houses/Controllers.

• Index Controller & LHes; will Australia Backers start shipping around end of Dec?
  • Are there any updates regarding the Pimax controllers?

Wireless

• Any updates on the wireless module?

Pitool/OpenSource

• How is the open source project progressing?

Etc…

9 Likes

-I had to laugh at “Potato FOV.”
-The delays are not a surprise. Glad I bought an Index as I was initially worried I’d only use it for 6 months.
-Wondering if backers get 8KX before “late march” or is that the earliest?

4 Likes

The batches of plan F when will Australia get them? Hearing that it’s later then everyone else?

1 Like

Okay made my post a wiki. Anyone can add questions to my post in the meanwhile. Added your question.

Keep in mind some questions may need more time to obtain answers. Index Controllers I presume may take longer depending on region import rules (a guess only).

1 Like

Humans do not have that many fingers

1 Like