December 3 2019 Discussion

A delay means Pimax is bleeding more money. Companies don’t delay unless they feel that doing so is the best option as a business. They are not doing it to spite you, they have likely found an issue they wish to solve to prevent future problems of potentially high frequency. Wait 3 months for a refined product and save yourself further headache at no extra costs? Sounds good to me! It’s like waiting on CD Projeckt Red to release Witcher 3.

Of course if it still has problems on launch I would be unhappy.

5 Likes

Mmm I think I got my 5K+ in February, so the replacement guarantee will run out in February as well, that suck if the dam thing develops cracks after then.

Is there any plans to show new controllers prototypes at CES2020?
We still have not seen anything in months.

1 Like
9 Likes

Speaks for the quality of internal communication within Pimax! If even employees are not aware… Shows the level of corporate culture. I hope you can make a difference there, Marcin - kick some butts, at least make people share problems and ETAs internally so you’re aware yourself.

2 Likes

According to Helios’s new update, it seems like there was no serious accident that caused delay of 8KX. 8KX is still in prototype phase and its software is not finished yet, which means delay was damn predictable.
Then why did Pimax was saying that they will send 8KX next month until this announcement?

Was there anything we should not know?

Sorry for a dummy conspiracy :confused:

8 Likes

That is, March-April is not the end, maybe?

Yes, I really hope that this does not drag on until the summer.
I hardly overpower myself so as not to switch to 8K + now.

@Matthew.Xu , can we switch to 8K + at any time until we get 8KX with the corresponding refund of the price difference? (those who have already ordered 8KX under the upgrade plan or bought it as consumers)

5 Likes

Try adding a counterweight. It really improved the comfort for me.

3 Likes

Pimax has already said: The 8KX backers will get the standard MAS and it’s modular, so it is easily upgraded to the deluxe MAS.

3 Likes

Maybe they got enough preorders to fund keeping the lights on for the required extra months… :stuck_out_tongue:

The writing was certainly up in large block letters across the entire wall, when we learned they couldn’t source enough units to conduct the public event demos they had committed to, and that those units turned out to be fragile hand-solder-and-duct-tape prototypes, leaving how much time for QA on production unit samples exactly, before kicking the line into high gear.(?) :stuck_out_tongue:

The fact that they delay delivering people their base stations and controllers over a desire to rebox them, just makes one shake one’s head, and reactualises the old observation that backers who have been waiting for those components, and would like to wait no longer, should just have been paid back what they pledged, so that they could buy substitutes directly from Valve, on their own.

For new sets, which include the lighthouses and controllers, along with the HMD; Put the OEM units in those, by all means – I do hope Pimax got a fair deal with Valve. :7

3 Likes

Count me in, too, for those bs

2 Likes

Anyone whom had reported trying the 8kX at VR Days had mentioned the Demo model looked to be still prototype stage.

Software is mostly in place. The Native Modes are for Native 4k mode. With what the 8kX represents it should be expected additional testing as internals have a variety of differences to other models. At a guess? I suspect they hadn’t anticipated problems that had come up in the v3.

2 Likes

Added your Question to Op. :beers::sunglasses::+1::sparkles:

2 Likes

@Heliosurge
Could you ask Pimax to clarify the status of P5k+ with the S/N starting with 202x (a.k.a. “black dot version”) and whether it will run in 120 Hz mode?
And if not, if they accept an RMA (considering it also sports the black dots)?
And if they argue that 120 Hz was never in the target spec, tell them the black dots were not in the target specs either?

9 Likes

Added Question to Op Post.

3 Likes

Hi @Heliosurge, can a question be added about the “one-offs” that were mentioned in Pimax Day 2? Some of us continue to get the same responses instead of an actual answer to the issue. These are concerning people who added additional items to their kickstarter backing that are not covered with one of the new plans. There seems to be a breakdown in language as we receive an answer that does not actually answer the question, then have to respond, only to then have to turn around and ask the very same question. Perhaps getting a specific rep to look over those that is knowledgable, or perhaps someone from the respective support region since the questions can be unique and complicated?

This has been brought up in these two topics if more info is needed:
https://community.openmr.ai/t/request-19699-issues-with-being-understood-by-support/23981

https://community.openmr.ai/t/pimax-8kx-vision-8k-vision-upgrade-program-for-ks-backers-details-and-trade-in-program/22151/358

Thanks for your time and for what you are doing to unify and help the forum. It is greatly appreciated.

Added @Matthew.Xu

3 Likes

For the moment have added matthew to your post. Due to staffing this may take a bit to organize. Your patience is greatly appreciated.

1 Like

@Heliosurge

please add my four questions to op.

What MAS Pimax 8K X backers are receiving ?
What Pimax controllers are receiving backers ?
Is the support of index controllers a priority in future Pitools after the release of Pimax Controllers ?
Is Pimax releasing a stable Pitool version to new users of Pimax 8K+, 8K X ?

Thank you @neal_white_iii but i can’t accept your answer because I know much much time ago @PimaxUSA said that backers were receiving de luxe MAS or i have read this on the forum from others i do not remember. Then specs of two are different , so it’s strange that you can update
Ok, i need @Heliosurge an official answer. Also, for controllers, i am a backer and until now i don’t know what to do. If i would like to wait pimax controllers or it’s better for me to update to index controllers and if Pimax wants other money from me i need these answers.
At the moment i am in the dark…

Will update questions not in Op.

8kX backers are receiving the same version of the MAS as other Backers. The MAS Standard version with above off ear design.

PimaxUSA confirmed Backers are receiving Sword Sense Pimax controllers.

Will add the Pitool Index Controller question. But this one will be that they intend to maintain compatibility with SteamVR tracking devices like Wands & Index Controllers. & have updated a few times to attempt maintain compatibility. But with Index Controller software still being developed & refined will require updates til Valve more finalizes software drivers.

5 Likes

i have added the Pitool stable release question for 8k+ & 8kX.

Though I can assure you that is generally the goal of any so to speak stable labelled release software. However PCs having thousands of hardware & software combinations can often make this difficult.

Ie look at the number of windows updates that have required patching. Unfortunately with the internet “Patch Tuesdays” became a reality.

My LG G6 has had a variety of lags & bugs since it updated to Android 9.0

2 Likes