Dear Pimax 8k creators. You have to make an optional 10m long cable for the pimax 8K

not at all. some people don’t want wireless. fear of rfi etc.

But 10 mts cable … it is too much !!! LOL

if the new lighthouse 2.0 system supports 10m then the cables should too imho. otherwise it’s pointless. If you have a 10 m space to use, why not!!! I would definitely rather have a wireless rig though.

I think valve is working on their wireless stuff to full support those lighthouse 2.0. to been able to run (playing) on those 10 mt square (I think). I do not have Vive, Does it have 10 mts cable accesory ??? (sorry my bad english)

not yet. the cable on mine is 5m but that is in line with the lighthouse 1.0 specs at 5m.

alright sorry bro, my bad

1 Like

you can extend it with hdmi cable extendoors. but this will use displayport so…

No worries we all loose ourselves at times.

What about some kind DP extender using dual cat6?

Oops, my mistake…
Thought I had one…

StarTech’s active cables are 10.8Gbps 32ft 10m Active DisplayPort Cable - DisplayPort Cables & Adapter Cables | StarTech.com
They have HBR2 capable cables, but not as long: 15ft VESA Certified DisplayPort 1.2 Cbl - DisplayPort Cables & Adapter Cables | StarTech.com

I was just taking it back… Haha…

Do you think hbr3 cables could be coupled together to create the length needed and still hit the bandwidth mark?

https://www.amazon.com/Club3D-CAC-1066-DisplayPort-Cable-13-12/dp/B06XSV3B4L

No, not without a suitable reconstructing repeater. There isn’t actually a difference in the cabling between the 10m HBR (42.1610/8) one and 5m HBR2 (44.3210/8); it is simply the distance such a high bandwidth signal can be carried before it degrades beyond recovery. HBR3 isn’t a doubling like HBR2, so cables rated for it can’t carry the signal twice as far.

1 Like