DCS Stand alone

I have purchased the 8KXand I know that you need steam to use it. The question I have is to the games need to be steam purchased. I have DCS but, it the stand alone version will that work

2 Likes

No, you don’t need to only buy all your VR games through Steam. My copy of Elite Dangerous: Horizons was bought directly from Frontier Developments.

1 Like

Thanks I got this only for flight sim so good to know I don’t need to purchase airframes fro Steam

2 Likes

I have the non steam version working fine on a 8kx.

When you start DCS, steamVR starts too.

1 Like

How do you find it for clarity I use the G2 now but the FOV is just to small

What you give up for the FOV of the 8kX is having the sweetspot/clarity right in front of your eyes. Its about 6- 7mm out with a 7mm ish inner ring size so you will never get a razor sharp image. Its going to be a bit blurry in the center and sharp further out before becoming blurry again. You’ll see it if you tilt your head a tad to the sides.

2 Likes

well that might be a problem I need to read gauges in front of me clearly. Flying only choppers in DCS being able to read them when you are going 180KPH at 10 feet leaves no room for error

I have one eye that’s not very clear and stretched out but Huey is very easy to read. Same with BS. MFD text and such is a little worse but you can generally read it just fine. Ill have to test the gazelle. Its been a while. In the f16 i have to lean in a tiny bit but the letters and such is very small there.

All in all i dont think you will find it to be a huge issue but its not going to be G2 level in the center. But as i mention just tilt your head a bit and it gets a lot clearer.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.