DC Brightness control option possible for Pimax headsets? May fix some people's eye strain

Hi, I have a 8kx (and previously a 5k) and been thinking that I get eye strain/headaches in the VR headset due to incorrect IPD adjustment. However, I recently realised that my eyes don’t get on with PWM brightness control when I got a new TV. PWM is better for motion smoothing on TV (and supposedly better colour) but this method uses screen flickering to adjust the brightness instead of the old DC control. I understand that some people can see up to 1000+Hz but the PWM frequency can range from 250Hz for newer OLED Tvs and 750Hz for LCD Televisions. FYI i have 3 pre-2017 oled tvs at home with 2 very old lcd TVs and no issues at all. I understand that up to 10% of people may have some issues with screen flicker with a small portion of that getting extreme symptoms.

As some people can notice that, causing eye strain, headaches, nausea, vertigo etc. is it possible that Pimax can implement a DC dimming option to PiTool? OnePlus (mobile phone company) have added a DC brightness option on some of their latest models to combat this problem.

From what i understand, if brightness is turned up to 100%, then there is no PWM flicker. However, when i put the Pitool brighness to 100% and filmed the Pimax with my phone camera, there was still flicker. Can I assuming the Pimax screen may be able to get brighter somehow (and then not flicker)?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.