Damm my valve index has a hardware problem,strange rainbow stripe colors(amazing support they have!Already a new one on my way)

Damm , my vacation just started an now my valve index has this strange problem…

I was playing a game and suddenly i got these strange color stripes…
it looks like the glare turned into these color beams,very strange…

I get these rarely on my 8K. It’s some sort of video glitch. For me, rebooting the headset usually fixes it. It might be a bad cable. When I got a replacement cable from Pimax (for video “snow”), this issue was greatly improved.

2 Likes

i have changed the cable its not the problem,also its only in the right eye

For me, it varied. I saw it on either or both panels. It might be a bad connection inside the headset (or some other hardware issue).

3 Likes

Damm what a amazing support they got!

They already contacted me and they will send me a new one…
I can send the broken valve index back when i recieve mine…

Amazing support !!!
This is how it should be done!

7 Likes

I was sent a replacement loaner 8K headset from Pimax swiftly in January 2019 (Pimax employee called Dallas) with a similar visual defect to yours, so Pimax can and do offer good support also.

You can verify my claim as authentic if you look up my old posts regarding this.

3 Likes

isn’t it only when you hit ludicrous speed that it goes into plaid?

2 Likes

PIMAX YOU NEED THAT KIND OF SUPPORT !!!

that how to do it!

1 Like

All they need to do is first earn billions with an enormous digital software distribution platform!! :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Or 88Hz perhaps?

You may have missed the OPs original point. He’s posting about an Index hardware issue on a Pimax forum so either

1. He’s trying to prove that Index are prone to the same issues that Pimax can have.(Like you I had the rainbow stripe issue, it was the cable and Pimax sent me a new one without any delay)
  2. He’s trying to make a point that Valve’s support is so much better than Pimax. (They are a multi-billion $ company so I would hope their support was good)

those are the only reason I can think of. I actually doubt he cares about our advise and solutions.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.