Custom Pimax Ridgit Headstrap Flip up able

Posted: Nov 2019

Because I had problems with the fit and the weight balance of the standard headstrap, I designed a 3D printable headstrap:

Added Pictures:

I should mention, that I’m able to flip the HMD up, so I don’t have to take the headset of, when I want to check something on my PC.

16 Likes

Really love your design, do you have all the stl’s somewhere ?
Can’t figure out how to export all the stl’s from onshape, i just end up with one massive assembly stl

EDIT: Found the full export function, thanks, will be fun to print :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for your interest in my design.
I want you to know, that my first attempt gave the HMD too much room for wobbling to the left and right, when moving the head to fast.
So since I wasn’t happy with my first approach of attaching the Headstrap to the middle of the HMD, I changed my design so the Headstrap is now attached to the left and right of the HMD.
Here’s the link for v2:

I’m still thinking about giving the complete design a third attempt, but I guess v3 won’t be available anytime soon.

3 Likes

This is a very cool project.
Even though I’m very comfortable with the standard mas I think I’ll try and print it to see how it works because I’m curious to see how stable the flip up hinge can hold the headset. The second version looks like it should be much improved in that regard.

Awesome can you post some pics of your v2?

2 Likes

3 Likes

Awesome thanks looks great!

1 Like

Wow! A “halo” headband design that actually addresses the side to side wobble? Sacrilege!

1 Like

I’m having an issue with the Gear.stl when dropping it in Ultimaker Cura it is hugely much bigger than I’m imagining it should be, it’s tremendous. The other files that I’ve been through looks ok. is it possible there’s a corruption of the file in the V2?

1 Like

In Cura the Gear.stl should have a diameter of 20 millimeter on the z-axis.
Make sure to export to stl with millimeter as Units.
I tried to export it first with centimeter and the Gear got auto scaled to 10000% of the original size in Cura.

1 Like

cura says that evey item got autoscaled to 10000% but the rest of the stl’s that i’ve gotten to seems fine despite that. i exported the project as a single zip so i’d image the units are the same but i’ll try to export it by itself.

1 Like

A reexport solved the issue it looks like

1 Like