Creating a Pimax-DAS Adapter

I just noticed before starting to fool around getting my pimax setup (and unfortunately having major issues) that it comes with a handy little velcro for tying up the cables, that happens to fit nicely into the top part…

Will be creating an adapter for that and the DAS Buckle. that should absolutely do the trick, instead of trying to figure out a robust print that is easy to remove as well. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, that velcro was such an odd considering they could of just been fine with something even simpler, but fantastic addition xD

Ok, I got really heavilly distracted just trying to get my Pimax to work before getting t he finishing touches on the Adapter done. The New Version is now up on Thingiverse.

• Shortened Distance as much as possible for the side hinges, Tried various alternatives to push it toward the sides of the headset, but that caused major issues.
    • The New design however handles a ton more pulling force, and does not accidentally disconnect. Also correctly fits without having to use a file. It still is build in multiple parts though for the best amount of structural strength.
    • Its now quite a bit shorter, However, some heads may require extra cushioning still.
    • Much easier to insert due to a lil lip on the side now. however please note that it maybe a bit tricky to get them out once they are in.

• Changed the top adapter to a very simple version of a buckle, that allow syou to use the cable tie that comes with the pimax for the top part of the headset.

5 Likes

Added the link to the update, but its also at the top in the OP

1 Like

Nice work, I wonder if we can make an adapter piece that simply allow the top strap to connect directly or super close to the opening on the top of the pimax.

No need for the top part. I did just pull the top strap through.

Edit: imho no need for v2 for me. V1 works perfectly!

I think that is ideal, less weight, less things to print and gets it all closer to fit smaller heads.

Hi Thanks for your hard work, but if I may suggest something. It would be nice to have the complet design files. I know it’s always annoying to see some people make money on your own efforts but I think it would be helpfull to the Pimax community. On the last pimax 5K+ version the original hinges are really tricky to remove without breaking them I would prefer a design that fit in the slut of the original hinges. I’ve just heck and I think we have the clearance. I see a shoe style design inserting on the original hinges and locking in the slut we could gain a few cm of forward adjustment using the idea.

I need it tomorrow will have to redesign this part from scratch :wink:

Here is the idea, hooks for clipping on the hinge are not done, will print and try this before. You surely had many trial and error before getting the clipping part right

Can somebody direct me to the latest tread about this?

@Pimel, here you go:
https://community.openmr.ai/t/pimax-vive-das-3d-printed-adapter-parts/11500

You can scroll down for an alternative design and some hands-on reviews from other users.

2 Likes

perhaps some one could customize this one …

1 Like

really creative stuff here but I guess I am alone. Id rather not have a lot of additional stuff on my head. some wired over the ear workout type earphones seem fine and light to me. Like these Sennheiser OCX 686G Sports Ear-Canal Ear Hook Headset

Actually the sound of quality that you get from Vive Deluxe Audio Strap is not bad at all and the strap itself is very comfortable for long gaming session. The strap that comes with the Pimax 5K+ is of poor quality and slides easily leading to numerous pauses during gaming to adjust the headset. At least that is what I experienced.