Complete the Pimax 4K tracking system!

Complete the Pimax 4K tracking system!
I think the weaknesses of Pimax 4K are the tracking system, including the controller, and quality control.
In fact, the launch of the 8K product has nothing to do with me. This is because I don’t have a PC that will work smoothly.
4K products have many advantages. In addition, if you continue to work as hard as you have done so far, you will get a better response from more people.
I think the launch of the 8K product will be the beginning of another adventure. Before you start another adventure, please finish your existing adventure.
Then more people will support your adventure.

Now I’m trying hard to finish my adventure.
The last remaining issue is head tracking.

Completion of head tracking - somewhat heavy. Next time, a little lighter …

First of all, I respect the conversations discussed here.
Let me tell you the point, hoping that my heart will be heard.

1. Camera-based tracking system is difficult to cover 360 degree area.
    In the above video, the four cameras used for this purpose will easily cause USB bandwidth saturation, so you have to add a USB expansion card. So additional costs also arise. The same is true for Oculus Touch.
  2. Imagine a lot of laser tracking systems to emerge this year
    Valve hopes that their laser tracking system will be introduced to many companies and it seems to be always at work. Take a look at the video below.
    Pimax competitor, Deepoon, has demonstrated at CES 2017 a new product with a laser-based tracking system called E-Solaris. But Pimax did not. Pimax will meet many of these competitors this year.
  3. Nevertheless, the Pimax 4K has many advantages over these competitors.
    Light weight, better brightness than before, 4K display, steady update of Pimax engineers. Now, just add a laser-based tracking system here and you’ll complete the puzzle.
  4. What I am claiming is that the laser-based tracking system for 8K products under development should also be applied to 4K products.
    I know that Pimax did not mention the tracking system for 4K products at CES 2017. So I hope my argument will bring a change to Pimax’s plan. If you are already planning, I’d like better. Lol
    SteamVR Hardware - YouTube

Updated March 13

I have completed head tracking using the easiest and cheapest dk1 tracker among the many orientation devices that work with OSVR. I have now completed the project of adding Pimax 4K’s positional tracking and controller via OSVR. I hope that NOLO will provide a simpler installation and satisfaction. But I still believe that Pimax should add their laser tracking system to the Pimax 4K.
Hypereal, a competitor, said in a statement on GDC2017 that it will start a pre-order after launching a product with a laser tracking system, such as Vive, which requires a minimum specification, on March 27. Deepoon also announced a new product, the Deepoon E3, It will be announced on March 28. I would like to believe that Pimax is well prepared for this rapid change.

This year’s consumers’ greatest interest will surely be VR with laser tracking systems.
In Korea, LG EZ VR is already the most anticipated. Where is Pimax? Hurry up.

3 Likes

I totally agree with crony.
Pimax 4K needs a tracking system and controllers.
Ideally it should have a HD camera as well.

Although I am interested in the 8K Pimax, it would be a big risk if Pimax 4K was not completed.

Truly, the last thing I would want is two alpha level Pimax units.

If Pimax is designing Room Scale Tracking for 8K Pimax (as shown in advertising), then this should also be available for 4K Pimax.

1 Like

Well, since the tracking system was not used for the CES debute. It might be safe to deduce that it’s not ready for the 4K model either. Perhaps their future demo’s of the 8K will bring us an idea of what’s in the works.

The question is if this kit absolute positioning and controls work with pimax 4k and if it can be purchased as a kit alone, and at what price … would be a good response by Pimax

1 Like

As Chapeka said, that is my main concern right now. Please, make absolute positioning and controls backwards compatible with Pimax 4K.

1 Like

I was a bit disappointed when i heard that they will release 8k headset without completing PIMAX 4k. But however, HolovVR should complete the VR experience with pimax 4k after they release it.

1 Like

No they sold a vr hmd with idea if releasing controls later.

Now if your looking for a possible positional system for any vr headset keep watch on NoloVR. Whom is propsing a $99us.

Not released yet but will add positional tracking with controllers.

The price of the PiMax 4k is less than half of vive, oculus.

I am interested in seeing what PiMax team comes up with; however even if they mainly focus on vr hmd improvements. I am more than happy with my current experience.

Sure its not perfect but vr is still in early days. For what htc n oculus want for their units there shld b min screen door n not tethered

I don’t know why Nolo is mentioned, but Nolo may be different from your expectations. It is one of the mobile products to adopt new technology and to come out now. I don’t know if it will be 360 degree tracking.

From what they have shown it would be more front. (going by pics n limited videos)

However it does demonstrate that positional tracking doesn’t need to cost a huge premium. Even if its not 360° tracking; it would with the cost of the PiMax 4k cost less than psvr.

Now if your into more diy there is folks who have used psmove with ps3 eye cams to do positional tracking/room scale. Also similar ppl using kinect

I doubt very much that they take the positioning, many promises but nothing, as with the guarantee of their products …

Truth we won’t know how well NoloVR pos setup works til we get some hands on. However if you look at the forums here Luke has given us an update that Nolovr is working with PiMax as well.

Yes PiMax could work on their own; but it would serve better to concentrate on the Hmd development. & with valve opening up vive’s lighthouse we could see vr moving forward with less nonsense.

Truth if you want crazy positional tracking look at Sixsense’s new project. I think its ashame they don’t put Razer Hydra back into production n release a new wireless version.

I of these people every day I hope less, nolovr is oriented to android with riftcat and here the friends of Pimax, they are supposed to have a kit with drivers, the problem is that I do not believe naday as it works as badly as the viewer and the management Of the guarantee this complicated the situation.

Yes NoloVR is targeting initially Android Steamvr n such. But it makes perfect sense to expand to other hmd as it won’t be much to change ti add support non phonevr.

Targeting Cardboard just makes sense as the headsets for phones are cheap.

Sure that these do not reach an agreement, they want to have their exclusive product with their controls like htc and oculus, but of poor quality and bad guarantee of course …

Please read luke’s thread as i believe he has spoken with NoloVR.

Like Razer Hydra or ppl using psmove. NoloVR doesn’t need to directly support any headset.

It is a postional controller setup with a part that mounts on an hmd.

Yes PiMax team are likely to hash their own Positional controller setup. But its not necessary as they could place all development focus on the hmd if they chose.

Oculus n Vive @ their price point should have better visual experience than it does (SDE)

We will see the positioning has to be handled by the OSVR server of pimax, the viewfinder and the positioning sensor has to be one, the only thing that is going to be able to use nolo are the controllers but it will be impossible since not having a Reference with the viewer will not be used, nolo only works with android through Riftcat. The people of Pimax promises a lot and does not fulfill anything, as with the subject of the warranty of the visor that does not cover repair or gearbest or Pimax …

You notice that you have not experienced the immersion experience with 90hz 90 fps viewers, without ghosting and with absolute positioning, not this viewer joke with unbearable ghosting, the only rescaling to 4k …

Again check forum here. Luke posted about being in contact with Nolo n They said they are working with PiMax and no a controller/tracking does not have to be intergrated with a display.

As for hmd while not perfect (none of them at present are - 1st gen afterall) Its still a gd headset.

Same even with psvr 720p vr headset.

720p psvr of course… no possition tracking, no controllers…

Spoken as one who has not used psvr. Psvr does do some positional tracking using a new dual camera & as for controllers? Have you forgotten the psmove controllers?

The same controllers ppl are using with the ps3 eye cameras to do positional tracking on pc.

Your just demonstrating troll behaviour.