Complete the Pimax 4K tracking system!

It’s just the difference between wearing two HMDs stacked vertically and horizontally. Lol
I added my comments to my post.

I got four PSeye3 cameras and two PSMove controllers working, but I have found it difficult to use in practical terms.

The PSMove controller’s gyro has bad drift so you have to continually recenter it.
And you need a large area to be covered by the cameras or the SteamVR room scale setup says that the game area is too small.

So, although it work, it is not an ideal solution.

I hear you. Haven’t explored actual room scale. But have experimented with Razer Hydra controllers.

A long time ago i had a neat kinda wireless mouse.

The mouse itself had no wires or batteries. The mouse pad was wired and used passive antenae in the mouse.

Wonder if something like that could be used in some form.

I imagine as the psmove pc drivers n software improve may work better

Basically all current tracking systems suck. We indeed really need Pimax to come up with a good solution, based on VIVE’s opened up system. Let’s face it, the competition is way behind when it comes to high resolution VR, Pimax is our only hope in 2017 for good VR, but without good controllers & trackers we pretty much still have nothing …

Agreed. But in one respect its good to move the “tracking & controller” seperately as an add on.

That way you choose the control scheme you prefer paired with the hmd of your choice…

In that respect some micro usb 3 ports on the hmd for camera/pos tracking options.

When i have more time will post some ideas of sorts

I have completed a project to add a Pimax 4K positional tracking system using OSVR.
I am looking forward to the quick completion of Pimax’s laser tracking system.

1 Like

I have to add my voice to this. Basically, I’m finding that the Pimax 4K gyro positioning just drifts like crazy. Literally after only a few minutes I find that straight ahead in the UMD is at 90 degrees to where I started. I have to constantly recentre myself back to facing my desk where my controls are. This headset is nice and all, but it desperately needs a proper tracking system that will keep you facing the right direction, and any lateral positioning facility would be a bonus. I don’t need room scale or anything like that.

Is there no feature to calibrate the sensors or gyros or something? Even that might help a bit.

hi Pimax developers,
I interessed to 8K, …but afret 4K it’s PERFECT in all aspect.
Piplay nit in beta and compatible for flyinside (XP11,P3D,FSX. Aeroflay2), assetto corsa, project cars, RF2,RaceRoom experience.
Please test with all this sw it’s base of simulation. your device it’s to simulate the reality, not for acade a play video, for thath I use console e 3d TV,
Tracker IR it’s now a antry level for HDM and the lense adjust also.
Fix this issue before jump the incert future.

Tx and good job

Another think FEEDBACK its important for development.

Pietro

1 Like

Soon or later, I’ll continue this try with the vive controllers and base station. :smile:
Vive Tracker, which is perfect for pimax4k’s rotation and positional tracker.
How to? It has already been released since last year.

1 Like

@Enopho has a method that works well for most with drift.

I already set up a tracking solution for the HDK2 with PSmove and OSVR fusion. It was working well.
But I moved to Pimax and so I had to use driver4vr with PSmove, it works also well but lacks setting for offset between bumb and eyes center. I did not find how to use OSVR with the Pimax 4k, if you have an idea I will be interested !

1 Like

Ah~~yes, If you have hdk2, it’s easy enough to follow the instructions above.
I’m going to post something about this in osvr reddit.

2 Likes

thanks, I will look and try. But I fear performance impact with extended mode…I will post feedback for il2 BoS and DCS world.