Chromatic aberration 8Kx

Do you have problems with chromatic aberration on 8Kx?

For me it’s the worst thing, now that I got rid of god rays, distortion, eye strain, right eye blur, etc…

The only thing I can fix is this aberration, where blue lines have a ghost yellow one. And black letters has a blue and yellow letter in each side.

There is some, the CA gets worse towards the outside of the view. I don’t think there is anything that can be done because it seems to be related to the angle of your view.

It’s not a big deal for me, the blur towards the outside bothers me more. I would be interested in what you mean when you say you got rid of it, and what that involved.

1 Like

Which part of the screen do you have the aberration on? If in the middle, there could possibly be a misalignment to some direction (translational or rotational, likely up/down). In this case try to move it or add some double velcro layer under the foam where it touch cheeks to fix the angle.
If it is in the extremes, it might be that the distance from eyes is not correct, I have some blue chromatic aberration in extremes, maybe because I cannot get lens close enough to eyes.

I only have CA in a few fixed menus that are obviously not available in sufficiently high resolution. In the moving game itself, I don’t see any.

A question, do you have the CA even without any form of supersampling?

I don’t know… I will try bigger súper sampling!

I have it in the middle too… bigger in the sides, but in the middle I see it a bit and sometimes it makes text to feel unreal

It’s a drawback of the lens tech, I think pimax does a great job of minimizing it but it’s there on my 5k+ too. Quest 2 has it pretty bad honestly, and that’s why i give pimax credit. Much larger FOV that’s completely clear.

1 Like

IMHO best approach is to take the face cowling off and just freely move the lenses in front of your eyes until you get the best picture and you get the idea what needs to be done. Both in pimax and oculus headsets if I had chromatic aberration in the middle it was just misaligned up/down.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.