Checking on delivery status of my 8KX order

Hi,
I hope you are all well.
I’m early backer number 706.
I’m not sure where to get my order number.
If you can help me a bit where I can find the information.
best regards,
Dacian

2 Likes

Welcome to the site.

@Heliosurge can up your user level and @PimaxQuorra can assist you with your 8KX order.

3 Likes

Hi, there are two ways that you can locate your order number yourself if you don’t get the answer quickly from Pimax.

1. The email confirmation:

Recent ones are from “Pimax e-commerce” , the address is ecommerce AT pimaxvr.com (written like that to reduce the attention of spambots. AT means @). The subject line is “Pimax Innovation, inc. Order (Ref SOXXXXX) or (Ref PXXXXXX)”

Original ones are from “Pimax Technology” noreply AT pimaxvr.com (circa 2018 for 5k+ etc). The subject line is “Order PXXXXXX confirmed”

1. You can log in to the store at https://store.pimaxvr.com/ Don’t know if you have a valid login already, or if you need to create one, but this works for most people. Note the very tiny login icon on the top right :slight_smile:

The login page allows you to either log in, create an account, or reset your password. Once logged in, you can locate Sales Orders, and then the specific details of your 8KX order.

Hope that helps :+1:

3 Likes

I’m kickstarter backer number 1437. I do not have any communication at all from pimax except for the kickstarter updates. I have not yet received my 8K-X either and I do not have an email from pimax e-commerce. When I log into store.pimaxvr.com using my kickstarter email address nothing shows up under Orders. Every time I contact support they say they’ll look into it, but never respond (this is over the course of months).

2 Likes

Ah sorry to hear that, I hope it gets resolved for you. I’m not a KS backer so I don’t have any details about those updates.

2 Likes

@Miracle are you able to help these KS backers who have not received communication or updates?

2 Likes

Welcome! I have leveled you up and added you to earlybackers! Click on @PimaxQuorra
Thanks @jTeller

4 Likes

Unfortunately it got more complicated. I finally got a response from Quorra and they gave me a tracking number that said it was shipped to Australia back in July (I am in the United States). They showed me a screenshot of the order and it had my name but someone else’s address entirely. I showed them a screenshot of my profile on store.pimaxvr.com with the correct address and haven’t received a reply yet. I hope it gets sorted.

3 Likes

Can you send me your email or name when you buy it? In order to protect privacy, please send me a private message. Thank you. I will help you.

3 Likes

Thanks sent a private message now.

1 Like

The saga continues. Miracle wasn’t able to help me. Pimax insists they shipped my 8KX but they shipped it to Australia using an address I don’t recognize. I live in the United States. Somehow they got the address mixed up with someone else. I’ve had two support tickets opened about this 2 months ago and no resolution.

3 Likes

wow that is horrible. Did you ever get the email from them asking you to confirm your shipping address?

2 Likes

Sorry that’s terrible to hear. Probably it’s just an error like a bad merge of db records, but I wonder whether there’s a chance someone managed to hack it?

I’m not exactly confident about Pimax’s online security. Right now they have valid certificates for their web domains, but this wasn’t always the case, they have allowed things to lapse in the past.

1 Like

Surely you can help this customer who is an original backer? They clearly did not set up their address to be in a completely different country. There is a technical error with the records, or worse. You owe them a headset.

2 Likes

And to the OP…did you manage to locate your order number?

1 Like

Agreed it has been proven pimax sent the headset not to the op’s address; not even the same country. @Miracle this needs full attention for pimax’s error.

3 Likes

I had considered that as well, but I use strong randomly generated passwords. I normally never post comments because I didn’t want to get caught up in the drama with people getting impatient waiting for their orders. So I think the risk of it being a hack or targeted is low. But most likely a database error or a human error with manual input (since early on, they were asking for backer numbers, names, addresses, etc in hand-typed forms).

I created a new thread for this, since I feel bad this has blown up a bit and hijacked @dacian 's thread. They are an earlier backer than I am and also don’t have an order number. But I hope Quorra has responded to them by now. They were able to get my order number within a day, it was just disheartening to learn that it was sent to the wrong person.

2 Likes

Totally agree, I think it is very likely a technical error and the chances of a hack are low. However regarding the above, when a certificate is not present (ie http instead of https), all credentials are sent over plain text instead of encryption, so it matters not how complex the password is, if the interceptor can simply copy paste your details from a text file of the communication! If the certificate is expired, which was the case with at least one of Pimax’s sites for a while, then it is easier to spoof and decrypt the encrypted information.

However, I think this is moot, as it is far more likely to be a mistake on Pimax’s side. And one they should take responsibility for and send you a headset asap.

Agreed I do hope @dacian has also had an update.

2 Likes