Cancel the pledge?!

It honours you that you defend certain individuals, but the point is, having people complain very vocally about the delays, bashing out in a manner, which I neither consider appropriate nor helpful to anyone here is what has annoyed a couple of readers here, me included.

Some backers mistook the KS campaign for a regular online shopping portal where you simply buy a commodity with a given delivery date and may have a claim against the seller if they do not deliver on time (well, in theory, wait till you study the GTC you accpeted by checking a box).

All this offensive, near to insulting and/or threatening language towards Pimax is inappropriate, and only because we enjoy anonymity via the internet does not mean that we should behave like complete a**holes.

If a project in your own company sees delays, nobody would throw the same kind of language at the colleagues - in their face. After all, it is a project, you understand, the product is not ready yet, etc. etcā€¦ Sure, you are not delighted about the delay, nobody is, but you respond with some decency.

And you, Sjef, have probably been one of the chief critics of Pimax here - but you do not throw insults at them, and you argue your views, which I respect, even if I do not always agree with them.

This is all about having certain minimum standards of communication, and not losing them just because we would like to play with the 8K as soon as possible.

If we let this kind of flaming take over, what would you get ? You would risk that Pimax are intimidated by it and push their product out although it is not ready yet. That is something I think we agree should be prevented from happening.

4 Likes

I already purchased it.

1 Like

@Sjef, @GameMaker, @NickDBaker

No no guys , letā€™s clarify things.

People donā€™t have to take after me. I have different and personal reasons for selling the pledge. I ve never backed a KS projects, since I have a big adversity to risk and guess what: I have plenty of things and projects to work at, no need to wait for anything that much.

I can have enough fun with my Lenovo since my only aim is to learn game programming not watching better resolutions.

But now, for a good period of time I will be involved in another juicy project, not related to VR, so I take a break.

I wrote this only for the purpose of not having people copy my sell. I have my reasons. I believe Pimax will deliver, but for me it is too late, I need to move, and I donā€™t like uncertainty. I live the moment not the futureā€¦

2 Likes

there is another thing to be clarified and this deserves a special chapter

@Axacuatl

If you are talking about me when spelling words like insulting, bashing, offensive then you clearly canā€™t see yourself. Look at your posts and then look at mine.

I always said that Pimax lies, which is not an insult, it is a proven fact in many many occasions.
Also I said they will deliver.
Also I said they lie from incompetence not from being a scam.

And I didnā€™t insult users at no way the extent you are doing with almost every post of yours.

I can understand you willl defend your beliefs to the end, but do that without hurting people around and making casualties.

I also told you: be careful with that ax.

How did you transfer the money? are you in the same country?

Its freedom of expression & is therapeutic to do so. Truthfully I look forward to the consumer release with @mirq rejoining us with a 5k/8k headset. No real need to over dramatize this in what may appear to be ā€œbelittlingā€ his choice. Simply because heā€™s outspoken.

I can agree but we also have to realize ppl from different places communicate differently.

For example English (as in Brits) may seem rude to a Canadian by how & what they say.

Iā€™m sure we all have friends that only ever seem to see the glass as half empty. But were still friends in spite of the pet peeve.

Mirq even has stated he often looks at things darkly (due to experiences & personality like the rest of us)

Some here have stated bluntly they find me ā€œannoyingā€; i donā€™t take it personally. :v::sunglasses::+1::sparkles::beers:

The core problem is perspective or point of view; itā€™s hard to walk in another shoes. But if one can acheive it; one understands.

Used PayPal. We are not in the same country. If you are selling or buying note that they do have a high exchange for Euros to Dollars because they take some off the top. Used Friends and Family, but only because things worked out well with Pimax helping us and the Kickstarter account was transferred as well. They verified everything and I have access now on the Kickstarter campaign to comment and see updates. I do wish Kickstarter could merge the account with my old account. Now I have two accounts. Anyways, Everything went well, but I paid $20-$30 more to PayPal due to them taking money off of the exchange rates

1 Like

Whatever you say. But as you said, now you have sold your pledge and can concentrate on making other people in other projects enjoy your positive energy.

Bye bye.

Not so fast @Ax, this forum is running continuously in one of my monitors. I keep an eye on you.:grin:

2 Likes

Seriously guys, no need to be insulting to each other or the company. There is nothing wrong with @mirq wanting to watch what is going on with it and it is an open forum, he can comment just as much as every other commentor. Some people are a bit more blunt than others. I would agree with @Heliosurge. There is no reason to belittle him because he sold and still wants to look at the campaign. I would say though that we have seen some controller progress and I am excited about that and while I believe they misspoke on several occasions when they said they will ship, I do not believe it was intentional. This product is not an easy one to build. It may even take a few more months to even 6 months to get right before it is fully ready. A product like this is not easy to estimate a real ship date when it is the first of itā€™s kind. I do feel people need to be more understanding there. They had a decent prototype when the campaign started, who could have predicted these other setbacks. Seems like they are going for quality and I actually like that. The Microsoft headsets out right now tell me they were going for trying to get a product out quick and really feel incomplete. I would rather have this than one of those.

2 Likes