Can we use base station 1.0 and 2.0 with vive wand and pimax controller in the same room?

I want to use those controller, but I think the 2 base stations are not enough.
So I want to know how we can use different generation of controller in the same room?

1 Like

If you mean LH v1.0 & LH v2.0 in the same room at the same time on 1 setup. Then I believe no. As the LHes are not compatiable with each other.

Now LH v1.0 can be used with either controllers types & might track more than both types at the same time. But LH v2.0 will only work with v2.0 tracking devices.

Still processing :coffee: but may need clarification if I don’t have tge question right. :wink:

Someone recommend that paring with each base station because each lighthouse has serial id, but not sure that we can do that for headset.

@Doman.Chen If you know about some technical, please share. thank you.

2 Likes

Yeah truthfully need someone with experience with LHes to answer. :beers::sunglasses::+1::sparkles:

1 Like

Yeah truthfully need someone with experience with LHes to answer. :beers::sunglasses::+1::sparkles:

I agree.

2 Likes

Pimax is currently working great with only 1 basestation (1.0 version) without any deadzones.

Pretty sure 2 bases are enough for a very big room (with a connection cable to make it safe).

Pimax controllers will support both: lighthouses v 1.0 and v 2.0, but you might not be able to combine 1.0 lighthouse with 2.0 lighthouse (even without controllers), meaning you need to make a choice between lighthouse version.

Vive wands doesnt not support 2.0 lighthouses, regardless pimax.

1 Like

It works well with 1 BS, but there are dead-zones - when I turn away from BS I lose tracking. Controllers behind body lose tracking too.

Today I should receive 2nd BS and it should have almost no dead-zones then (though I’m sure you can still get in some unusual positions and then lose track of either HMD or more likely controllers). Exact location of BS is important too as it only tracks within certain angles.

1 Like

Thats weird, i didnt noticed any deadzones (without controllers), could turn around and look down so there was no way for a lighthouse to see the headset.

2 Likes

I suspect because the pimax is so wide it has sensors on the back and widest part of the headset - that’s my guess!

2 Likes

The new silicone cover should reveal the sensor locations.

3 Likes