Can We Get Acknowledgement of the Pimax Specific RTX 4090 Latency / Lag Issue please?

I had it on the 8kx and 4090 too. Changed a lot and tried a lot, also switched from steamvr to openxr and now its different (or I have adapted). What I see now is more like unstable sync / FPS or frame drops.

please tell us which hardware you are using. mb and which version of the 8kx it is.

2 Likes

Its a 1st Gen 8kx on 13900K, Z690 ASUS.

This is what I get too, but frame timings are dead stable

1 Like

I don’t use Steam Vr besides the mirror won’t show you that it is moving after I move my head.

Zotac Trinity Oc 4090
i9-11900k
64gb dominator 3466 ram
MSI Gaming Edge Wifi
8K X older version with optical cable
Tried 6 different Nvidia driver versions
Tried 4 different Pimax Pitool and firmware versions including debug with logs sent to Pimax
Tried every combination of settings, mobo (rebar, OC, gen 3/4 etc), Nvidia (low latency speeds, VR pre-rendered frames, all settings tried such as Aa etc on/off/high/low). Mobo bios updated etc.

Tried Pitool all refresh rates, FoVs, render quality, motion smoothing etc.

I’ve been testing everything now for 4 weeks and nothing whatsoever removes the lag - other than uninstalling the 4090 and putting the 3090 back in, which removes the lag perfectly.

3 Likes

Oh and 3x M.2 drives

2 Likes

I do agree I couldn’t possibly buy a 12k right now as it surely will have the same issue. I forgot to mention all this lag tried with all different settings is also the same on my 5K XR.

So I have 2 Pimax headsets unusable right now.

:pi_smiley: Any news?

Nope. I can’t get any response from Nvidia or Pimax over the past week despite my asking.

1 Like

I have the same wobbly lag issue. Zotac Trinity 4090, i9 13900KF, AsRock Z790 PG Lightning, 32GB DDR5 6400. 8KX.

@PimaxQuorra any update on the fix?

1 Like

i flagged your post as off topic although i don’t have the power to hide your post as i’m not a mod. you are coming across as an a$$ tbh (you rant n rave and go off topic in your replies). why can’t you be civil and stick to the topic like others in this thread who are also having problems with pimax / 4090’s? do you think that by being an a$$ you’ll get your problem fixed sooner?

4 Likes

If I flag a post I leave it for other mods to review. Only time I immediately remove a post is in situations like where one might be advocating harm, racial prejudices.

That being said similar to reddit there is an option for members to mute other members. If a member is muted by several members the “muted” user will receive a system notification letting them know the community is finding them toxic.

I muted/ignored vulcan78. Thanks for the tip HS.

2 Likes

I didn’t know this feature existed. Thank you.

1 Like

Seeing a lot of zotac and msi floating about. I experienced this on both my zotac and MSI 4090. I think someone on reddit mentioned it on asus as well?

Anyone having issues with another brand?

1 Like

Vulcan piss off, freak.

Clearly you’re only here to vent. I’m not interested in censoring a valid point of view- for me it’s just about asking you to be civil while making your voice heard.
I have flagged your post mocking China and Pimax as inappropriate. It’s offensive and mean spirited.

2 Likes

Darn. What you need is an in headset mini camera to record one eye while you play. I doubt such a thing exists.
Otoh, you shouldn’t have to go to such extraordinary lengths to get help. Were I a betting man, I’d put money on it being a driver issue. Sorry to be so little help! Hang in there.

1 Like

I have the issue with my Asus Rog 4090 with a 13900kf and DDR 5.
It’s not game breaking but its there, the occasional jitter more pronounced in some of the older games.

I have a long support ticket going with Nvidia on this.
They said they will escalate to a higher team now.

2 Likes

vulcan78. has been silenced until Dec 21. Due to community flagging.

OpenMR is about Tech discussions not political agendas, political conspiracies or discriminating behaviours.

2 Likes