Can I use silicone sleeve with Hand tracker?

I bought 8kx and I will buy HT and sleeve.

Can I use silicone sleeve with Hand tracker?

I wanna know!

3 Likes

good question, I didn’t even think of that when I ordered one the other day but they don’t actually show the bottom.
I mean i’d think it obvious that there’s a cutout but these people forgot pass-through on a modular unit so i guess nothing can be taken for granted.

1 Like

1 Like

It seems not to be worked together…

I think it should work

1 Like

Can I see holes for fasten Hand Tracker?

2 Likes

Really? If it is true, I’d be happy.

1 Like

This is my helmet. The photo just made.

2 Likes

Sweviver mentioned the tolerances for mounting the hand-tracker to be really fine to keep the calibration in order, but i guess it’s not that critical if there’s room for the sleeve underneath it.

1 Like

The sleeve has a cutout for the usb at the bottom of the headset. Otherwise it fits snugly across the bottom. I would say the hand tracker unit attaches outside the protective sleeve. The sleeve wouldn’t fit over it.

1 Like

They obviously made the holes in the sleeve to allow access to the USB and screw-hole connections. However, there is still one issue they probably missed. Since the hand tracker is further from the headset the screws that it attaches with are probably not long enough.

1 Like

And if it hadn’t the cutout, you could use like scissors or an exacto knife to make one.

2 Likes

To me, it looks like the hand tracker has fairly tall standoffs, so that it can clear the silicone cover. So there might be a small gap, if you do not have the cover.

2 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

That module design looks awesome. I wonder if some sleeve spikes are big enough at the bottom to protect the module when you place the headset right on the module on a table

2 Likes

There are NO spikes on the bottom (or top) of the silicon cover.

2 Likes

With the comfort kit of a whale, it does not touch the surface.

3 Likes