Bug 8kx, on/standby when computer start. It should be off

Bug…: 8kx
PItool…: v1.0.1.263 ( but belive all versions have this problem )
( i also have pimax 5k+ and it is always off when computer boot ).

Problem.
When i start my computer and boot into windows, then the VR headset is turned on
and i see a ( blue light )… Then the VR headset lay next to me being on and wasting power without being used. ( and it get a little warm as well ).

Solution…: I like to suggest that the 8kx ( and any pimax vr headset ) do not turn on by them self when the computer boot into windows, but first turn on when you press the power button or manualy turn on pitool or steamVR.

( ps… I have turned off Pitool so it do not book on windows startup, but even though the 8kx light is blue and in “standby” mode. ).

1 Like

@PimaxQuorra This is also my main complain about the 8K-X. It has already several hours of useless on-time because it switches on with the computer (because it is USB powered) and I forgot to switch it off. After all a computer is also used for other things than VR playing.

The HMD should only switch on after pressing the power button!

2 Likes

Pimax still haven’t fixed this issue?

It is not a problem. The pi needs constant power on a USB port. Either activate it in the BIOS or use an external power supply unit on the 2nd USB connector.

You seem to be confused. We’re complaining about the unit turning itself on automatically as if its power button has been pushed, not an inability to power the headset at all with USB power.

if the headset does not get power when the computer is off, it will reboot after starting. If it receives continuous power, it stays off.

Btw, this thread is nearly a year old.

And yet Pimax still hasn’t fixed it.

I also have this issue. A workaround though for me is to start the Pitool after a fresh start of the computer and close it. Then the Headset and the LED are off.
Pretty annoying for sure and very dissapointing that this thread is from 2020. :frowning:

By the way, I am using Pitool Version V1.0.1.284.