BSManager error, won't find base station - "Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

Hi, new Pimax 5k super owner here, I’m trying to get BSManager working but I get the following error when I open it “Object reference not set to an instance of an object”.

BSManager doesn’t see any base stations (discovered 0), and says HMD “OFF”.

Have tried running as admin, and have tried the v2.4.1 v 2.4.0 v2.3.0 (with separate runtime installed).

Have tried to open it 1st before pitools, with pitools already open, with SteamVR closed and open - no joy.

Debug doesn’t give anything useful

[09/02/2022 13:57:56] [BSMANAGER] Debug Log enabled
[09/02/2022 13:57:56] [BSMANAGER] Manage Runtime enabled
[09/02/2022 13:57:56] [BSMANAGER] Progress Toast enabled
[09/02/2022 13:57:57] System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at BSManager.Form1.Form1_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)

anyone have any ideas or suggestions on a fix please?

thanks

1 Like

Fix as follows from Reddit for those looking for a solution BSManager error, won't find base station - "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" : Pimax

If you know how to edit the registry you can fix this by adding a “BSManager” string value to the “software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\run” key. Set it to point to your BSManager exe if you want it to auto launch with Windows.

source pull request

I’ve done this on my machine and can confirm that it fixes the problem. It’s a trivial fix for the dev to take, so hopefully he’ll do so at some point but it’s been sitting there since December so…

“Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run”

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.