Brainwarp 1.0 (featuring “Smart Smoothing" and "fixed foveated rendering")

This is exciting news indeed!!

Considering that people are already playing, this should be a priority, @PimaxVR. And an automatic setup of a default profile for each game, taking into account the performance of the PC.

7 Likes

Having two view ports per eye (as opposed to one per eye) would mean we could get much better distortion correction.

4 Likes

This is fantastic news!

When are you expecting to make the beta available?

2 Likes

Yes I’d like to know too when this is going to be available? Also, please someone pin this, this is big news

1 Like

Hi

Being a long time VR player, I have around 120 VR games if you need help to beta-test it
I hope it will be as good in real as on paper :slight_smile:

1 Like

Are all of us Early Backers going to be Betatesters or do we have to apply for it?

Whilst I am usually the first to cringe at the trivialising of tasks that are never anywhere near as easy, as the may be thought of by a layman who never themselves have to look beneath the surface - much less do the job; It is at its roots a relatively simple :stuck_out_tongue: extrapolation job, with the difficult motion analysis part done by functionality that the GPUs have included for video compression.

I very, very much hope it will be optional, because I can personally not stand ASW on the Rift.

1 Like

60Hz would be appreciated for 30/60fps movies

5 Likes

It took valve over a year to get it working. Just saying.

1 Like

You do that.

I think the above quote is trying to say that it will be available for all backers to test. The English is a little broken but I’m pretty sure that is what it means.

5 Likes

Please release the beta versions to anyone willing to test it!
We want to see what this can do finally. I want BrainWarp even with an RTX 2080Ti, because there are some games that need it.

5 Likes

Will Pimax 4K also get a brainwarp?

5 Likes

Sometimes i wish a bit of smart would rub of from here so i could understand whats going on :rofl:

4 Likes

So when can we start using this? I don’t want to play the forest vr in “potato mode” anymore.

Please, as soon as you can.

With gratitude and respect.
-aesop

2 Likes

That comes with smart rub 2.0

3 Likes

Agreed, it’s really what most modern TV’s do all the time, interpolate a video frame, there must be tons of available algos out there to do that and like you said, modern GPU’s have API’s for it.

1 Like

i hope it works good, i cant seem to run project cars 2 good on my rtx 2080ti with a i7700k and 32gb internal…
I hope this brainwarp helps!

2 Likes

Wowowoowowow if Pimax does this natively without needing game support, then we will see insane performance boost on 20 series cards as this is a 20 series only feature!!!

Only example is found in serious Sam games which was the odd one in sweviver’s testing where 2080ti crushed the 1080ti!!

Sign me up for braimwarp 2.0 pre alpha :)!

3 Likes