Booth #21600 CES 2018 Las Vegas 1.9 - 1.12 (EDIT11.27)

@deletedpimaxrep1 I would recommend that you validate any software you are going to run. Use a desktop with a 1080ti.

If you are going to use a motion simulator, I think the Oculus game Aircar (with music playing through youtube in the background,) would be a nice experience for most people.

I dont think a zombie game is a good idea (unless the framerate is rock solid with no drops.) If you want to do a zombie game, make sure attendees are seated, or use a wheelchair to let them move to combat sickness.

Only test with Pimax V3 or newer prototypes.

I also think your team should render some custom 360 degree Photos at VERY VERY High resolution, 7680x4320 or higher so that attendees can see how good the HMD could look later on (as GPUs get better.)

I would make the Pimax board wider and curved, you know why.

@Matthew.Xu @deletedpimaxrep1

The graphic wall at the back of your trade stand needs to be updated. Change the controller picture to a new rendered image of the knuckle controller you are designing

Change the light house picture to the new 2.0 lighthouse design. It looks much better! Write somewhere on the graphic wall “NEW 2.0 light house technology”

If you update the controller and light house pictures you will get much more attention because everyone interested in VR is waiting for the new 2.0 products and Pimax is the first company to use them

Those are important selling points for you guys

Good luck :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Use desktops not laptops for sure. One on a 1070 to be like a typical user setup. Try to keep every piece of equipment you use on the 1070 rig standard off the shelf so people can see how it would work for them.
On the flip side build a beast computer to show potential big business what the hmd can do with no limits. 1080ti sli, i9, that sort of thing. Also put a sticker on each hmd with its version number so people can easily tell from photos and video which unit they used. Both setups should be nice looking builds to compliment the hmd’s.
A 3d printed camera holder which holds a 4k Res camera in a fixed position next to a lens would be a nice consistent way to show more people how it looks in the hmd, something you can slide in and out quickly with the output going to a dedicated screen/projector for people in the line waiting. Maybe have a simultaneous camera on a rift/Vive to show comparison. Run something simple like a video on loop in big screen/virtual desktop/steamVR media player.
Website needs to be in a top corner of the backdrop so it can be seen in all videos and from across the room.

5 Likes

yes, thanks, we will update the image!

2 Likes

Pimax has already told me that they will put the version numbers on the prototypes. :+1:

1 Like

I noticed you dont even mention it’s 200 degrees FoV. I’d put that up in the biggest font that’s available :slight_smile:

5 Likes

And to address the concerns Linus review has raised: demo Elite Dangerous with the ability to fly into open space and check the display performance in high contrast scenario‘s. So far it appears that all (controlled) demo‘s avoided such scenario‘s and only because Linus just started Space Pirate Trainer without asking for permission he noticed it.

1 Like

so, Vegas this time …and I have only 1 question , just 1 question :
which protype will be shown ?
Hope you guys have mechanical IPD+related software ready before this show :slight_smile:

If you read the header it says Jan 9-12 2018. So either final prototype or ks release.

early January ? I’m still not convinced that IPD adjustment will work like a charm

I am sure we will have updates demonstrating the ipd working. With mechanical & soft adjust to tweak am sure it’ll be good.

1 Like

We will prepare the headset and computer for the exhibition and will update it on kickstarter.

8 Likes