Big Varjo Announcement June 24th (Link to view it included)

Will it be a Consumer version of their product line?

4 Likes

Bring it on!..

3 Likes

If they release a lower price headset with bionic tech, I am buying!

4 Likes

i hope one with integrated headphones and microphone.

2 Likes

Dreamers, access to the event is only for entrepreneurs, not consumers.

1 Like

I can see people speculating a stand-alone headset with that thumbnail, but if it isn’t, they’re showing some regular joe-shmo with a headset on…so maybe a consumer headset.

1 Like
1 Like

It will not be affordable, even if it is a consumer HMD, thanks to Covid.

1 Like

We shall know what the fuss is about in less that a day

If it is a new consumer priced headset I will feel really stupid for buying the VR-3.

3 Likes

I doubt they would do something like that. All we have are assumptions. I mean, I would love to have a more affordable unit, but if to reflect the price point, the bionic resolution is lost, then there is no point

1 Like

Is there a return window? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Reseller doesn’t accept returns lol. I was told by a different reseller that it might take at least a month and $700 in shipping if I try to return directly to Varjo.

It’s going to be a mixed reality headset, that’s quite obvious from their hints

2 Likes

If it’s high res OLED I’m all in. Bonus points for new lenses

2 Likes

You would not need to regret your purchase. If there was a consumer facing model, it would not have the specs of the VR-3. They wouldn’t sabotage their enterprise model with a consumer version.

1 Like

It’s an announcement about software, definitely not hardware.

I expect it will focus un XR-3 use cases.

1 Like

ah, that’s too bad then

They have the underpinnings of making a consumer headset. Reduce the PPI to consumer levels, drop all the extra tracking stuff and give people a HMD focused on edge to edge clean image quality.

They could try make a consumer version out of the Varjo 2, which is the one that Sebastian reviewed. Slightly lower res, and sell it for less than 2k