Berlin meetup - Backers' "Hands On" Impressions ONLY

This is the “official” thread for the Berlin meetup backers’ impressions ONLY.

Please post your impressions and/or discussion on this thread: http://community.openmr.ai/t/berlin-meetup-discussion-of-impressions/7756 - Thank you.

The moderators will COPY appropriate posts from the discussion thread to this one.

(This thread will remain locked, so that only vetted impressions and feedback will be posted here.)

8 Likes

SweViver - Aug 30, 2018
Wow…the 5K. Just sayin!!! :wink:

Seriously Im chocked about the 5K. I wish I could tell you more!

Here’s sweviver’s latest video… but there’s not much info yet.

13 Likes

Here’s a short video of the meetup that SweViver made…

And here’s one by VoodooDE, in German…
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eC-XdDu7cow[quote=“fjw, post:116, topic:7756, full:true”]

Thank you @fjw for the following translation…

Here is my translation of voodoos video, I am not a native english speaker, so be nice, and excuse my typos. :smiley:

Hi, welcome to the pimax backer meetup. I am right now in the kitchen because I just needed some silence. Because now I have some breaking news for you. Of course, Martin, Sebastian and me sat together, yesterday. We tried to convince Robin and we succeded: We get the permission to write a complete and detailed review about the pimax m2 on september 16, and also about the 5k.

I will… It’s awesome. The others can confirm that it was quite difficult to convince him and tell him “this is really good, you have to be truthful and all” And yes. It worked…

And sorry, I don’t have right equipment here, I have to hold my smartphone like that…

And, it meand you will get all information about the pimax. I will travel back tomorrow, on sunday 15:00, i think, and I will take the 8k m2 with me. And will take the 5k with me.

Then I have 2 weeks time, the others also have 2 weeks time to make a nice review. Then, of course, you can watch all 3 reviews. Because the one and the other has always a different point of view on different subjects. But I promise you, I will make it detailed and you know my reviews are always very long, you can already prepare for minimum one or even two hours. And then, I think, it will be a cool thing.

All in all. I am very happy that I can tell you this. And of course I am looking forward for all the people coming soon. It will start at 16:00, and I am very excited, I am also excited to hear what you think. And how you perceive all this.

Yes I wanted to tell you this. This is awesome shit.

Remember the 16th september 2018. We will receive a mail in advance. Perhaps we get a specific time, perhaps it’s 00:00, perhaps it’s 16:00, i don’t know. In any case you will get these information as soon as possible from me.

Now I can ask… No. Robin just left, I could have asked him…

Is that awesome, or is that awesome?

Now we have, of course, the task to choose games which are shown. We roughly already know which ones.

Okay, I say it like this: They are always a litte bit careful what they show. We then tell them, of course: “Show them something bigger.” And I think we succeeded. We have now the decission what is shown and there are some cool games among them.

I think: Onward, Skyrim, Asseto Corsa for the car fans, you have to think about them, too.
Elite Dangerous is also there, I think. Then you can see how that looks like in the dark. You know, LCD and all that.

And then we will take a look at that.

I hope this video made you happy. And I hope that is good news for you. Some of you I will see later. Until then…

And who didn’t subscribe my channel until now, now it’s time. Because perhaps you will miss my review. It would make me happy. Until next time in VR.

EDIT: @VoodooDE please correct me if I translated something wrong.[/quote]

10 Likes

Eingereicht vor 29 Minuten von SamCropper8K

I’m going to the backer meetup in Berlin today, just got an email telling me what to expect. Thought you guys night be interested…

DEMO Headsets: #0(vive) #1(8K) #2(5K Plus) #3(8K) #4(5K Plus) * Differences between 5K and 5K Plus: - Standard 5K: unveiled during Kickstarter roadshows - 5K Plus: new panel, PPI improved by 9%, sharpness enhanced, unveil today - Will provide both 5K and 5K Plus retail versions - Special for backers: 5K backers - your 5K upgrades to 5K Plus automatically; 8K backers - you will have the option to switch 8K to 5K Plus + accessories

Demos:
1: Hand motion demo
2: ED; Arizona Sunshine; Onward; Pavlov VR; Skyrim VR; Assetto; Big Screen
3: ED; Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice; Onward; Pavlov VR; Skyrim VR; Assetto; Big Screen
4: ED; Onward; Pavlov VR; Skyrim VR; Assetto; Big Screen; Lucky’s Tale
0: Pick games yourself

Graphics cards: GTX1080ti Tracking: Vive controllers and base stations

7 Likes

Here’s a second video by SweViver…

10 Likes

And here’s a post and video by @mixedrealityTV

Here is my interview with Robin Weng, Founder of Pimax:

BREAKING: Pimax Introduces New Pimax 5k Plus - Pimax 8k / 5k Plus Ships End September to Backers

Breaking Pimax 8k News: Pimax introduces a new version of the Pimax 5k, is called Pimax 5k Plus
Improved panel, has higher PPI because of panel size, also has higher sharpness (still LCD panel)
In retail, both versions will be sold, original 5k and 5k plus

5k plus will be more expensive

Current 5k backers will directly receive 5k plus without having to pay extra
8k users can switch to 5k plus. Difference of 100k USD can be spent on Pimax accessories.

Pimax 8k/5k plus shipping to backers will start end of September, goal: all backers shall receive their devices before Xmas ( chance of this happening 90percent)

People who missed Kickstarter: Preorders start in October, ships after last backer has received their headset. Targeted shipping start: Early 2019

Controllers can be tried end of year. First developer version gonna ship Q1 2019, goes out to backers Q2 2019.

6 Likes

Here’s a third video of the meetup that SweViver made…

And a fourth…

And a fifth…

And a sixth…

And a seventh…

And yet another…

And the aftermath…

On a personal note, I’d like to thank Martin (@SweViver), Sebastian (@mixedrealityTV), and Thomas (@VoodooDE) for sharing their experiences, making videos, and helping Pimax run the demo. It’s obvious that your help did indeed improve the demo, compared to the Tokyo debacle.

35 Likes

ED

Upload still very slow…

22 Likes

Some mixed opinions and info :slight_smile:
Also short interview with Robin
Much more coming!

28 Likes

Some opinions

28 Likes

http://community.openmr.ai/t/berlin-meetup-discussion-of-impressions/7756/464?u=heliosurge

6 Likes

Even more ED

• 5k+ Compare with Vive Pro
19 Likes

Arizona Sunshine (reupload from other thread)

5k+

• Compares to Vive Pro
30 Likes

Mixed impressions

28 Likes

http://community.openmr.ai/t/berlin-meetup-discussion-of-impressions/7756/551?u=heliosurge

4 Likes

Guys I have like 12 or more short clips to upload, and loads of more on my camcorder. But the Wi-Fi was just too bad today so i will upload the rest tomorrow I think. I ran out of my 4G network already yesterday haha…

The meeting event is now finished and all is great :slight_smile: More info later! :+1:

23 Likes
21 Likes
15 Likes

http://community.openmr.ai/t/berlin-meetup-discussion-of-impressions/7756/559?u=heliosurge

2 Likes

http://community.openmr.ai/t/berlin-meetup-discussion-of-impressions/7756/570?u=heliosurge

2 Likes