Backers, don't get angry about the 4K Users getting deals. Read this thread

https://community.openmr.ai/t/about-b1-with-sn102xxx/2397

A lot of people don’t seem know this because it’s buried hardcore and the anon OP is sjdef.

I am one of them that still owns the B1 edition.

How did you figure out that people where getting angry because 4K owners got a deal? What is the point of your post?

Yes this situation was not good all around. Bad for those who thought they were getting the 4k LCD model. Bad for Pimax for numerous reasons both reputation & the fact the B1 was a more expensive headset having Qhd Oled screens.

Screen cost for Oled QHD was about 3× the cost of the 4k Lcd screens.

It definitely wasn’t easy for anyone to get resolved that had bought through Gearbest whom has imho the worst Customer support. At least that I have dealt with.

2 Likes

Some Backers are expressing discontent; however it is more due to the Backer Upgrade plans vs current owner upgrade deal.

4 Likes

So far what I read was about excluding backers from the upgrade (but it has already happened before so it is nothing new), and I did not notice anyone complaining about 4K owners specifically, especially since the upgrade is not targeting 4K owners in particular, but any Pimax owners.

1 Like

Agreed. Though instead of this being a new development. It would have been better to have been in the current owner plan from the start as it would not have served to reopened this.

1 Like

miss him around here very much, despite his issues with people sometimes.
Hope he‘ll be back

4 Likes

We’re always angry with Pimax, until it stops promising and starts delivering!!!

1 Like

OP is Xunshu, first comment is sjef

1 Like

Ah that makes sense.

1 Like