Backer 459 forsale on ebay

i dont offer global shipping. just EU. but as far as i know UK should be still inside EU for some time at least

Yeah, we donā€™t drift off and sink until next March, lol

2 Likes

I would take it with a pinch of salt. Some of those uk ebay ads are just trying their luck for high prices & Iā€™m pretty sure are being intentionally bid up or have the first bid put in by friends or second ebay acs.
In general real people donā€™t bid high with 3 - 8 days left on the ad.

2 Likes

If they are very excited like we have been for the last year then maybe

That was my first thought. Boosting their own sale. Unless the bidders are bored Arabs lol

2 Likes

so i should change to global shipment :smiley:

i already tried half year ago to sell my pledge for 1400ā‚¬ and i found 2 people who wanted to buy it. i just decided otherwise after i saw the update about the controllers. i think the controllers will be really awesome and the value will be much higher later. I dont think i can buy the controllers later for less than 400ā‚¬ (the pair) in Germany.
i would calculate 800ā‚¬ for the 8k, 400ā‚¬ for the controllers, 200ā‚¬ for the basestations. And than there will be still all the stretch goals,ā€¦eye tracking, cooling fan etc, deluxe audio strap, $100 cupoun for wireless modul etcā€¦i think this is also at least 300ā‚¬. so all together 1500 to 1800ā‚¬ is a realistic price in my opinion. this is not what I would payā€¦( i paid 227ā‚¬ for a lenovo explorer because all the other headsets were too expensive for me) but it is what other people would maybe pay for it in my opinion. there are indeed enough people who doesnt care about the priceā€¦they missed the kickstarter (or didnt know about it) and just want the headset as early as possible.

Iā€™ve seen things like this so many times over the years.
I would say they are trying to make people think other people are willing to pay that.
Long time left on the ad & an apparent bidding war happened.
Another ad with an even longer time left with high bids.
What they do is either wait for other people to bid on top of the fake bids or if this doesnā€™t happen they may retract the bid or let it end & claim time waster but set a mutual agreement to cancel the trade then relist. Also watch out for these. They may try to bid you up again if you bid on them.
These 2 ads are next to 2 other pimax ads.
A better cheaper ad for an 8k x which currently has no bids starting at 500.
A 5k + ad starting at 400 also with no bids Both very low backer numbers.
Both have much less time remaining than the one with 2 bids at Ā£1199, & only a day more than the other one which looks to have been bid up.
Also I wouldnā€™t touch the one with 24 bids (from 3 bidders) looking at the seller feedback.
I would definitely avoid these first 2 as it looks like they may be trying to take a potential buyer for a ride.
These are some of the reasons most people do their bidding right at the end of auctions, or simply make offers.
Gotta love ebay.

1 Like

Iā€™m interessed in the 8kx :smiley: but i wonderā€¦ he is writing:
"For sale is the Pimax 8KX HMD with a single base station reward on Kickstarter. "

there was no reward with just a single base station or am i wrong?

we will se for how much he will sell it. Somebody bid on my ebay offer for 1425ā‚¬ and he already wrote me that he would take the 8k (he is from germany), so i will definitive sell my pledge. if the price for the 8kx will stay low maybe i will buy that one instead :smiley:

1 Like

A lot of people Who never owned vive & probably wanted to keep the costs down, added a single base station to their original headset only pledge

ah yeah of course that was also an option. i was not thinking about that. of course he could just have added some money to the pledge and choose an additional basestation

Backer 1380 wants 2500ā‚¬ for the 8k full pledge :smiley:

Yesterday I saw it for 3300ā‚¬

normaly second place bidders jump on the higher deal just so they dont have to feel sad :disappointed:

1 Like

459 is at Ā£1.480,00 ā€¦ and its ONLY the headset :smiley: that can not be correct^^
for the complete Package i could imaging that price but not for just the headset.

probably not so many people will bid on my full package offer because i dont offer paypal, although its completly unlogical to offer paypal since there is no buyers/sellers protection at all, and it just bring something when you are a fraud and use a hacked paypal account or stolen creditcard, so the seller will loose money again when the original owner want his money back because of unauthorized payment. the risk is too high for me so i just offer normal bank transfer.

something is wrong with this baker 459 offer ā€¦ i just dont know its the seller or the buyer who is the fraud ^^

3 Likes

Could be both / same person :slight_smile:

3 Likes

LOL Brexit is the best thing to happen in Britain for decades.
Not here for political debate but just the basic premise of wanting to giving up self determination to bunch of unaccountable elitist technocrats who have proved they have no respect for democracy, Europeā€™s citizens or the sovereign nation state is beyond me.

1 Like

Youā€™re right in that this isnā€™t the right place for political debate.

6 Likes

so 459 was sold for Ā£1.480,00 + Ā£35 shipping. in ā‚¬ thats 1.648,32 + 38,97 (ebay shows this)
it was just the headset pledge, no controllers or basestations^^
backer 303 sold his headset for Ā£980,00 /1.091,45 ā‚¬
backer 2611 sold his headset + 1 basestation for $1.500,00 / 1.275,46ā‚¬

now Iā€™m really confident that my backer 215 full package pledge will be sold for more than 1600ā‚¬. in my opinion the controllers are the best part ( i was even thinking about keeping that part of my pledge, but i dont know if it will be compatible with anything i will buy next year becuase i dont know what i will buy)

so at least i will be happy again that i pledged for the 8k back in november last year. after loosing some money with bitcoin i am happy that at least i can make some profit here.

iā€™m one of those few who are a little disappointed about the project. we had to wait so long (i expected april or mai for the headset), the 5k+ seems to be much better than the 8k, the fov is much lower from what i expected (still better than all other headsets at this time, but still less than expected), there is still distortion (even more on the 8k, escpecialy on high fov) and i dont have any vive equipment, so i dont have controllers to play with and it takes too long for my taste to waitā€¦even if they will be very awesome. Iā€™m just angry at myself that i didnā€™t pledged for the 8kx because i didnt want to wait so long and i was unsure if pimax can really produce it, but after seeing what the 5k+ can do without upscaling i think the 8kx was the best choice.

with my luck pimax will give us the chance to upgrade to 8kx after i sold my 8k :smiley:
for now i hope that starVR One will not that expensive and that i can maybe find one even a little cheaper next year on ebay (maybe 2000ā‚¬ for a used one?). so long i can still play with my lenovo explorer.

The real question is do you want a pimax headset ,next question what would you do with the extra cash (minus the repurchase cost later when you decided you want to try it again) if its real important would be the decision maker ,or maybe an escourt for the night i dont know ,im thinking the backers selling had double pledges or have just lost interest .

personally i want to see what the fuss is about and i dont care for another year of waiting and a few hundred in my pocket that will wither away on crap i dont need or want

someone said once lets give peace a chance ,well screw that im gonna give pimax a chance !! Amen brother lets make the virtual world alive and bath in the glory of the 200 deg fov (diag) and the reduced SDE ,and no longer will thy enemy sneak up on my 3,9 or 6 when playing onward ,O no lord the power will be for me and my fellow pimaxers and us alone ,no longer will i lose sight of the road ahead ,while playing project car 2 or other sim races ,and will i never miss a gasp in aw at the wonders in Solarus or sky rim and maybe a small dance in the wastland before optimization takes reality back home

But know this ,actually well if you sell you cant know this ,not now anyways, but you can spend some more money on somthing ,somthing good

1 Like