Backed 8k, can I switch to 5k BE?

Here’s the link again. Sorry it didn’t work the first time – and sorry I took so long to reply.
https://community.openmr.ai/t/about-pimax-business-versions-and-models-for-the-upcoming-pre-order/9462

“whatever”? Also a Pimax headset".
In future (next Pimax generation), but also for this uprade in this topic?

Pimax does not want to answer this question.
Perhaps, they do not want to say something unpleasant to someone.
A expert said in a documentary (bublic broadcasting TV), If you ask for directions in China, it can happen that you knowingly get told the wrong way.
Why? Because he does not want to tell you that he does not know the way.
Not knowing something can be embarrassing for a Chinese.
Sorry Pimax stuff :slight_smile: .
If it is absolutely not possible (not to make possible) to use the $100 coupon (stretch goal) to upgrade from 8K to 5K BE, please make a clear negative statement.
But it would be very good PR, if that were possible. Thank you.

I asked in a support e-mail, Pimax ignores this question.
Never ask multiple things at once.
They do not answer the unpleasant things (strange, same thing on ebay).
But formally, they have “responded” to your request.

There was a time when I decided that I was going to “upgrade” from an 8k to a BE. (I later changed my mind and “downgraded” back to the 8k.) I was told it would cost $100 more to switch to the BE. However, when I clicked on the link, I message appeared that said, “We have a surprise for you.” The surprise was that the upgrade cost $1, not $100. I don’t know if they’re still doing that, but it’s worth checking out if you’re leaning that direction. (I didn’t get the buck back when I switched back to the 8k, but I’m not losing any sleep over it.)

OK, i did it.
Let’s hope it works. Thanks!.. if this is real. If not, give my my dollar back :slight_smile: .
But how should Pimax know, that my newly registered account belongs to my backer number?

I don’t think the fact that the upgrade page gives increments in $1 means that pimax only wants you to pay $1. When I upgraded to the BE on one of my headsets, I took it to mean that I needed to put a qty of 100 for a total of $100, not that they suddenly changed their minds and decided to charge me less.

This was behind the link in my “We are about to ship your Pimax Kickstarter reward!” email.
The only link in this email. If not, for what the “$1”?

I’m not saying it’s not to pay the difference, I’m saying you need to increase the qty to equal the difference in price, so if you’re upgrading to the 5K BE it would be a qty of 100, which would equate to $100 additional that you’re paying.

For whatever it’s worth, here’s a copy of my communications with Pimax. Start at the bottom. As you can see, I filled out a survey from Pimax and selected the BE. I was instructed to make up the difference in price of $100 and provided with a link. However, when I clicked on the link, it was at that point that I received the “We have a surprise for you” message, and was only charged $1.

Hi friend,

Since you have pledged 8K headset, please make up $100 for the difference price if you want to upgrade to 5K BE.
The difference price link is https://pimaxvr.com/collections/price-difference
Please provide the order number after the payment.
Since every product is very excellent, we cannot provide our recommendation.
In order to ensure that the package can arrive at your delivery address smoothly,
could you please provide the detailed info again as below:
Full name:
Address:
City:
State/Province:
Postal code:
Telephone:

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Pimax Support

Send Time:2018 Dec 6 (Thu) 08:13
To:支持 support@pimaxvr.com
Subject:Question re survey and Pimax 5k BE

I am 8k backer number 7064. I just responded to a survey asking which headset I wanted. I selected the 5k BE, but I’m not sure if that’s advisable or even what it costs. I only know that it has OLED screens – so I might want to change my selection based upon your answers to the following questions:

Do you recommend the 5k BE over the 5k Plus? What is the cost?

Taking price out of the equation and assuming the best graphics card presently available, which headset do you personally recommend? (Yes, I know it is a personal choice – and I am only asking for your personal opinion.)

Thank you for your help.

I understood that I should pay “one dollar”.
Great. Pimax is not very clear.

Why can not Pimax speak a clear, that it’s possible or impossible to use the $ 100 stretch goal for the upgrade.
I asked a support question, but received no response.

They told me it was not possible to use the $100 stretch goal money when I asked a while ago

OK, if this is Incorrectly expressed (I’m not the only one who understood it that way) by Pimax:

Can I use the $ 100 Coupon for a Hand Motion Tracker?

If so, can I swap my baked hand motion module for 8K-to-5K-BE upgrade?
Another backer here received such a possibility.
Then I’ll later get the $ 100 Stretch Goal Voucher for the hand-motion module.

You’re misunderstanding the situation, if you switch to the 5K+ from the 8K you’ll get a $100 coupon. But if you go from 8K to 5K BE, you will have to pay an additional $100. No coupon in the 5K BE case. Good attempt at tricking Pimax though :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

I asked if i switch from the 8k to the 5kBE oled would i get it sooner?

But i dont get any reponse from the support?

SUPEN-1572

@Matthew.Xu @anon74848233

1 Like

Can i have a reply please?

Can i have a reply please before its too late?Support doesnt reply at all…

i replied ,could you please answer my SUPEN 1572

Best regards