Assetto Corsa Competizione Settings Help

I actually tried pushing sharpening to 150% and it looked better but it started to flicker. Even at 100% i saw small flickers.

I never saw these flickers on the valve index. I guess it’s something with the wide FOV of the pimax 5k+

1 Like

I am not sure what you exactly mean with the flickers or better if we mean the same. I don’t really have them in the menus, but in the game i get them from different stuff like Trees, Shadows and general geometries. Pushing the LOD to EPIC almost eliminates them.
If you just look with one eye and close the other - do you still see the flickering?

EDIT: The only thing that causes flickering/stuttering immediately is GPU Catalyst, sometimes i can set it to 0.25, but every thing over .05 will always introduce flickering/stuttering

Im talking about a line flickering in between my eyes. Its some weird flicker with vertical lines and it’s in both eyes usually and dead middle of the screen.

But i did see at one point the flickering line only showed in one eye, but usually it’s in both eyes, and dead middle where my nose is. its to the right of the left lens, and left or the right lens.

With your current settings as they were, i saw no flickering. If i pushed a little too much on the settings like lets say sharpening to 150%, the flickering starts up. If i only push the graphics slightly, i might only see that flickering line in the menus, but if i really pushed the graphics too far, the flickering lines happen during the actual race.

1 Like

Since I couldnt get over 90hz anyway, I might just cut pitool to 90hz and framelimit in-game to 90 as well. That should give some better headroom as well - no?

I had some issue in iRacing where 90hz didnt work too well like 120hz did. The image looked strange and made my head hurt although I couldnt explain what it was. This was on the last update (before 261 beta), although I havent tried it in iRacing at 90hz since.

2 Likes

Are you using 261? Since mine has not self updated I keept 260 until now.
I will install it asap if it’s released.

Yes im on ver261 beta

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.