Assetto Corsa Competizione Settings Help

Try editing the file and then set it as protected so it can’t be overwritten.

If You don’t update the maxRecommendedResolution setting in SteamVR it might “work” but You’re not getting 400% * 140% * “native” resolution on 90Hz, that’s for sure… :grin:

1 Like

I changed the steamVR maxRecommendedResolution a while back - but ye im not doing steamVR 400% - makes absolutely zero sense

1 Like

I posted my settings somewhere here a couple days ago. Most important for me was the AA and the Trees. Pi tool is at 1.25 and steam at 100% for my 8k+.
Using high/epic KTAA gives more sharpness in the distances and reduced flimmering effect between the eyes. Also setting the trees to high stops the LOD from placing different trees per eye and makes the image more stable. With that I can be near 45-50 fps

Edit in the last image, foliage I think needs to be turned up to stop the tree anomalies.

2 Likes

Ye i noticed if i push the settings, i start seeing flickering in the middle of my eyes.
and yes i noticed that weird effect with the trees too.
Are you using PiTool SMart Smoothing or SteamVR’s Motion Smoothing?

1 Like

Both not, I dislike the “stuttering” effect.
I also saw I did the FPS with 120% in steam.
If you hit epic with KTAA and the foliage those wired effect are almost gone.

Thank gawd. I hate them both too. Ill try your settings then

Your settings gave me 80fps alone on barcelona just now. But the flickering in the middle of the eyes is there in the menus

i use smart smooting 45 fps 16 ms stable

I just used @MReis settings and i got avg 80fps and looks decent so im sticking to his. There’s a few things i can tweak but if i push too much i get the flickering in the menus and if i push too far, it starts happening in the game as well, but i found a decent balance im going to stick with. I wasnt using KTAA which i think was one of the reasons of the issue and some of the settings he has on Low when i had much higher.

Your 400% SS Value makes no sense to be quite honest. No game ever needs that much.

4 Likes

What settings do you have in pitool and Steam?

Pitool 1.25
SteamVR SS 120%

No motion smoothing

I tried a grid of 20 AI on 2 tracks with light rain and stayed 60-80fps. Average being 80+ fps but some dips where theres stands and alot of cars to 60fps.

Gpu wasnt even 100%. It was around 78-85%.

I have to try playing with catalyst also and i think i have some room to push on some settings before it starts flickering again

Your settings really did it for me i think i just gotta tweak more.

Im on a 9900KS@5.0ghz, 2080Ti @2.1, 32gb @4000mhz, and samsung 970 pro

2 Likes

I am also currently tweaking them some more.

All the LOD Stuff e.g. Foliage on epic causes it for me to flicker less (the trees being rendered different on the left and right eye) and costs about each - 2 FPS.
Also the Texture can be put up on high/epic
in average pushing shadow, foliage, AA on epic costs like 6 FPS
Might also want want to check if the sharpening filter does something good to you.

1 Like

I actually tried pushing sharpening to 150% and it looked better but it started to flicker. Even at 100% i saw small flickers.

I never saw these flickers on the valve index. I guess it’s something with the wide FOV of the pimax 5k+

1 Like

I am not sure what you exactly mean with the flickers or better if we mean the same. I don’t really have them in the menus, but in the game i get them from different stuff like Trees, Shadows and general geometries. Pushing the LOD to EPIC almost eliminates them.
If you just look with one eye and close the other - do you still see the flickering?

EDIT: The only thing that causes flickering/stuttering immediately is GPU Catalyst, sometimes i can set it to 0.25, but every thing over .05 will always introduce flickering/stuttering

Im talking about a line flickering in between my eyes. Its some weird flicker with vertical lines and it’s in both eyes usually and dead middle of the screen.

But i did see at one point the flickering line only showed in one eye, but usually it’s in both eyes, and dead middle where my nose is. its to the right of the left lens, and left or the right lens.

With your current settings as they were, i saw no flickering. If i pushed a little too much on the settings like lets say sharpening to 150%, the flickering starts up. If i only push the graphics slightly, i might only see that flickering line in the menus, but if i really pushed the graphics too far, the flickering lines happen during the actual race.

1 Like

Since I couldnt get over 90hz anyway, I might just cut pitool to 90hz and framelimit in-game to 90 as well. That should give some better headroom as well - no?

I had some issue in iRacing where 90hz didnt work too well like 120hz did. The image looked strange and made my head hurt although I couldnt explain what it was. This was on the last update (before 261 beta), although I havent tried it in iRacing at 90hz since.

2 Likes

Are you using 261? Since mine has not self updated I keept 260 until now.
I will install it asap if it’s released.

Yes im on ver261 beta

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.