Artisan with Stuck Pixel First Day Of Use

anyone else get their Artisan with a stuck pixel? any tips or tricks on how to get that un stuck? its less than a week old (waiting for base stations to set it up) and just set up to find this thing there, its VERY annoying as its right in the middle of the sweet spot for me, i have put in a RMA request and all that has been said is an $80 coupon and a silicone sleeve… I love this headset just im very very disappointed to see a stuck pixel on it on the first day of use, any and all tips are welcome! Thank you so much for the help in advance! (i have zoomed in on it, the pixel has color to it the LCD black not dead pixel black hence why i said its stuck)

1 Like

here is a zoomed in picture of that stuck pixel in case you guys needed it!

is it a pixel though? can it be a dust particle? coz on the 2nd screen it seems it covers several pixels partially, it’s why I assumed it, I would try to gently shake a thing or maybe use some compressed air but I guess there are no holes until you dissasemble the HMD

2 Likes

I have checked to see if its dust already and i am saddened to say it is not dust thank you for that input though! ( i have tried the compressed air )

Posted by Zerax in another thread

If you have stuck pixel or a bright dot of colour that fails to update when neighbouring pixels change try JScreenFix it works magic. I had a stuck pixel on my 5k+ JScreenFix solved my problem.

https://www.jscreenfix.com/index.htmlx

3 Likes

how exactly do i um put that onto the pimax hmd without um controllers to show that? as this is my first steam vr headset and im still waitin on base controllers, just was setting it up in 3dof mode when i saw this pixel thing

Just use a VR player (like the free deovr one) or use the Virtual Desktop app and bring up a browser. The fact that the stuck pixel is in the center of the screen makes this easier, since the dead pixel will certainly be in the playback area. Here’s a bunch of YouTube videos you can try…

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=fix+stuck+pixel

4 Likes

about how long would you recommend running this? i have ran a .exe that does this same thing for 4 and a half hours before and it did nothing (max fps that .exe was made for was 45 if that was the cause)

I’ve only had to do this once, for a flat monitor. I would think that 4 hours would be long enough to fix the stuck pixel, if it was fixable. One of the YouTube videos is 8 hours long, so you could simply try rerunning the exe again.

It sucks that you have a bad pixel in such a prominent location, but unfortunately, such things are generally not covered by warranty (unless you have more than 3 or so, depending on the particular warranty).

2 Likes

thats sad, i was hoping for it to get RMA as its brand new with very little use time all use on it is fixing that pixel it came with :confused: its spot in the first picture makes it look larger than 1 pixel so hopefully i can try to convince a RMA with it being manufacture fault ( cuz it was out of the box like this )

2 Likes

If it does not disappear, I would open a ticket anyway. If nobody complains then the feedback for such things is missing, and also asking for support will not harm, who knows.

Personally I think for VR there needs to be another approach, dead pixel in the sweet spot near area or within are more harmful then a dead pixel on a flat monitor.

5 Likes

Agreed. I would be really annoyed if this happened to me.

4 Likes

They did replace my 5k+ for a dead pixel in the center. It is worth a try. It is hard to not see it. it is like a fly in you vision all the time.

3 Likes

i would absolutely RMA it, this is not acceptable.

2 Likes

My 5K+ arrived with a stuck pixel near the middle of the lens. I considered RMA’ing it, but with so many nightmare stories I would see here regarding Pimax support, I just kept the device as is. It’s always bothered me though.

2 Likes

Yes and it gets worse as you go and it even bothered me to let someone try it even though they probably would never notice.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.